(updated August 22, 2011)
“Membership on NG is a privilege, not a right.”
1. General Rules for All Members
Just like membership in any club, the Privileges make the experience of the club valuable.
To gain privilege to NG, members must follow the following rules:
- No excessive cursing.
- Any “agenda” driven posts (politics, fans, etc.) will be deleted without warning. Agenda is something defined as member using the platform of NG to promote personal feeling on a topic in a repeated, excessive manner.
- Any conflicts which arise from a post will be given warning without pointing to a specific member.
- If post does not stay on topic and becomes personal, warning will be given without pointing to specific member.
- If conflict/comments are exceptionally graphic, moderators reserve the right to terminate further comments without warning.
- No derogatory comments about women, religion, or anything which can be viewed as sensitive.
- No personal posts on NG, except birthday wishes or holiday wishes. Any personal posts will be deleted without warning.
- Topics not related to films, i.e. sports and politics, are allowed on NG and will not be deleted.
- Posts can be made sticky with permission and consent from Moderators.
Moderators will use their best intent to control all the rules. Please trust the moderators attempt to control the site, even if a member is on the negative end of their decision.
2. Rules for Newly Registered Members
- All comments will go into moderation to be judged by owner. If owner deems quality of writing and appeal to rest of NG, he will let the comments appear on NG.
- If member requests, posts rights will be given two weeks after first moderated comment.
- Membership for a new member can be revoked anytime, without any explanation deemed necessary.
3. New Features
In an effort to expand the value of NG and nurture the strong community of loyal members, there will be some new features that will be implemented on NG (as of day August 23rd, 2011):
1. New more user friendly Design, which will evolve over time.
2. “Comment of the Week” and “Post of the Week” picked by moderators. Members are welcome to suggest.
3. Weekly Audio Broadcast.
4. Weekly Video Conference.
5. Archive of Weekly or Daily Series (ie. Scene of Week)
6. Better Archive of NG posts.
7. Better Organization of Ads.
8. Greater Integration of NG on Facebook.
SB is an extension of NG, not NG.
- SB has separate moderators and the role of an SB moderator is to remove spam and derogatory comments.
- SB has very loose moderation, and Section #1 “General Rules for All Members” may or may not apply to the user of SB.
5. Role of Moderators
- Encourage a wide variety of discussions.
- Give best effort to apply even justice to NG and uphold her rules.