WILL TABLE NO 21 PROVIDE A GREAT START TO 2013?
2013 has begun and the first week itself sees the release of as many 4 films, all small/medium budgeted ones – Table No.21, Rajdhani Express, Dehraadun Diary and Meri Shadi Karao. Out of these, Table No.21 seems most promising and if reports are positive, can turn out to be the first success of 2013!
The first trailer can make or break the film and first theatrical trailer of Table No 21 confirms the fact. The trailer is riveting and makes viewers extremely curious for the film. Paresh Rawal seems in top form as the villain while Rajeev Khandelwal though reminds one of his debut film Aamir, shows promise. Tena Desae, having Hollywood films to his credit, is part of the principle cast too. The film deals with a reality show which boasts of terrible and even fatal consequences if the participant break the only rule – lie while answering. The film is around 2 hours length and can turn out to be an engaging thriller if made well and attract audiences. Unfortunately, promotion hasn’t been satisfactory after the first trailer was unveiled. Also, the film is directed by Aditya Datt – who has made disasters like Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Dil Diya Hai, Good Luck and Will You Marry Me – which has made many viewers vary of the film. The film has no competition as such (Dabangg 2 wave is waving off). Good feedback is the only thing that can save the film. (more…)
Filmmaker Karan Johar and superstar Shahrukh Khan have been the best of pals for years now. And to no surprise, Karan Johar was much expected to celebrate this New Year with Khan but KJo chose to turn down SRK’s invite at the last moment.
Karan Johar who was very much in Dubai at that night had been invited by both Salman Khan and SRK to their respective NYE celebrations hosted in Palm Jumeirah address, The Times of India reported.
A source close to the filmmaker spilled the beans: “Karan did receive an invite from SRK, and for the longest time he was actually in two minds whether he should miss it or be there. For years they have ushered in the New Year together in Dubai. You can say, the tradition was broken for the first time.”
Reportedly, Khan’s dinner bash was a quiet and private affair. It was attended by SRK’s other friends Boney Kapoor, Sridevi, Chunkey Pandey and wife, Sanjay and Maheep Kapoor. But, unfortunately, KJo wasn’t a part of it. (more…)
Starting his showbiz career as a TV show host, Sajid Khan has been steadily climbing up the Bollywood ranks. And our sources say that Sajid is now apparently the highest paid director in tinsel town after receiving a cheque of a whopping Rs 25 crore for his upcoming film Himmatwala.
An industry insider says, “He is Bollywood’s perfect ingredient for masala films. A particular production house saw some footage of his still-in-the-making film and were bowled over by his work. Now the company wants him to direct a film for them and have already handed over Rs 25 crore as his fee.” (more…)
- Ek Bagal Mein Chand Hoga (Gangs Of Wasseypur-1) : A smooth and soft song sounds like from era of 50’s contrasted with hard hitting lyrics tops in my list.
- Pani Da Rang Vekh Ke (Vicky Donor) : This was most surprising and delightful song of year. Blend of folk and pop music complemented with soothing voice of Ayushman.
- Chinta Ta Chita Chita (Rowdy Rathode) : This may sound crazy, spotting this at 3rd position after two soulful compositions. Whatever, but I never changed channel whenever this foot tapping song comes on TV. This is rehash version of 80’s Jitendra/Mithun numbers and composed so well.
- Jee Le Jara (Talaash) : This intense and life inspirational composition with lyrics expressing pain with so ease. There are few songs I love to listen late night at lonely moments and this one adds to list.
- Tumhi ho bandhu (Cocktail) : This song attained status of anthem within few days of release, especially among spiritual and club addict youngsters. Being an OSHO follower, I also loved the passion and the flow with which this youthful track about love and friendship spirited sung by Neeraj and Kavita.
- Womeniya (GOW-1) : Sound like a folk song with raw feel on vocals and singing, this songs is instantly likeable with its fresh and unique arrangement.
After a successful 2012, actor Akshay Kumar enters 2013 by shooting for the Hindi remake of Tamil action thriller Thuppakki. Akki tweeted about the shoot on the social networking site today.
Akshay tweets, “Started shooting my first film in the New Year, the Hindi remake of Thuppakki! Would love to get your good wishes today.”
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
1. Salman Khan :
The two biggest grossers belonged to him just like last year and is simply at a different level to other stars as far as box office is concerned.
2. Akshay Kumar:
A huge year with Rowdy Rathore and Housefull 2 although Khiladi
786 was a downer towards the end of the year.
3.Ranbir Kapoor: (more…)
- Boxoffice Collection Update (1)
- Ek Villain: What a terrible Loss (possible SPOILERS) (2)
suprabh I.one, I didn't like Ghajini much but I have to agree that its love story... Aug 29, 4:27 AM
I.One Bang on analysis Suprabh. The emotional connect between Siddharth and Shraddha was missing, hence we... Aug 29, 1:12 AM
- Shah Rukh Khan becomes 1st Indian ambassador for Interpol ambassador (3)
I.One That's true Gorilla Aug 29, 1:26 AM
Gorilla I don't think any actor has as much knowledge as SRK on this topic. Look... Aug 28, 4:08 PM
I.One That's quite a big recognition for SRK. It is good to see an Indian representing... Aug 28, 1:21 PM
- Akshay Kumar |Neeraj Pandey| upcoming movie- 'Baby'| First Look (10)
Gorilla I think Neeraj's biggest achievement was to get critical acclaim for the S26, movie after... Aug 28, 4:12 PM
I.One It is a Neeraj Pandey movie and along with Akki he has a very special... Aug 28, 1:25 PM
filmycrazy again akki is doing same mistake by releasing BABY on 23rd january.He should release GABBAR... Aug 27, 3:44 PM
- My Review Of Mardaani (12)
I.One Thanks Devesh! Glad that you agree to the views. Gorilla, let me know your views.... Aug 28, 1:19 PM
- Older »
NG Hit List
- Akshay Shah Reviews Sarkar Raj - 23,466 views
- Winners of 18th Annual Star Screen Awards 2012-Complete List - 21,812 views
- This Week From Past â€“ Don: The Chase Begins Again (2006) - 20,756 views
- Ishqiya â€“ Dil Toh Bacha Hai Ji - 19,765 views
- About Us - 16,747 views
- Hrithik Roshan gets back into shape post Guzaarish - 16,163 views
- Shala Movie Review: Reliving School Days - 11,673 views
- Top 10 Stars of Tamil Cinema (Updated) - 11,483 views
- Advertise - 9,985 views
- Dil mera Muft Ka- Agent Vinod Full song - 9,770 views
NG All Stars
Raja Natwarlal had poor collections on day one as it collected around 5 crore nett on day one. Mumbai circuit was a bit better as Gujarat and Saurashtra fared better and by far the best collections across India. It was a holiday in Maharashtra and Gujarat and that helped Mumbai circuit compared to rest of India but even with holiday Mumbai can not be called good. The rest of the country was poor with North and Central recording dull collections and also not showing that major jump in the evening shows which was needed.Read more...
Lyon (France): Internationally-renowned Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been roped in as an ambassador for Interpol’s “Turn Back Crime” campaign to promote awareness on how everyone can play a role in preventing crime. Shah Rukh, said to be the first Indian to be made an ambassador for the global campaign, is lending his voice to help spread the message that all of society benefits when citizens respect law and fight crime. “It’s a very special honour to be a part of Interpol’s ‘Turn Back Crime’ campaign as an ambassador,” said Shah Rukh.Read more...
Before I go into my views about Ek Villain, I’d like to state that I am a huge fan of “I Saw the Devil (ISTD)” (on which Ek Villain is based) and I consider it a cinematic masterpiece. When I heard that Mohit Suri is making an Indian version of ISTD I was contrastively (9 out of 10 times I hate Indianized version of classics) quite glad and upbeat about it. Reason: From the very first time I watched ISTD, I have always felt that it has a very universal story and despite all the violence its core element: “The story of ultimate pain and suffering and confronting it” is applicable to almost every variety of people. What went unforgivably wrong in Ek Villain isRead more...
Richard Attenborough, Actor, Director and Giant of British Cinema, Dies at 90 Richard Attenborough, who after a distinguished stage and film acting career in Britain reinvented himself to become the internationally admired director of the monumental “Gandhi” and other films, died on Sunday. He was 90. His death was confirmed by his son, Michael, according to the BBC.Read more...