WILL TABLE NO 21 PROVIDE A GREAT START TO 2013?
2013 has begun and the first week itself sees the release of as many 4 films, all small/medium budgeted ones – Table No.21, Rajdhani Express, Dehraadun Diary and Meri Shadi Karao. Out of these, Table No.21 seems most promising and if reports are positive, can turn out to be the first success of 2013!
The first trailer can make or break the film and first theatrical trailer of Table No 21 confirms the fact. The trailer is riveting and makes viewers extremely curious for the film. Paresh Rawal seems in top form as the villain while Rajeev Khandelwal though reminds one of his debut film Aamir, shows promise. Tena Desae, having Hollywood films to his credit, is part of the principle cast too. The film deals with a reality show which boasts of terrible and even fatal consequences if the participant break the only rule – lie while answering. The film is around 2 hours length and can turn out to be an engaging thriller if made well and attract audiences. Unfortunately, promotion hasn’t been satisfactory after the first trailer was unveiled. Also, the film is directed by Aditya Datt – who has made disasters like Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Dil Diya Hai, Good Luck and Will You Marry Me – which has made many viewers vary of the film. The film has no competition as such (Dabangg 2 wave is waving off). Good feedback is the only thing that can save the film. (more…)
Filmmaker Karan Johar and superstar Shahrukh Khan have been the best of pals for years now. And to no surprise, Karan Johar was much expected to celebrate this New Year with Khan but KJo chose to turn down SRK’s invite at the last moment.
Karan Johar who was very much in Dubai at that night had been invited by both Salman Khan and SRK to their respective NYE celebrations hosted in Palm Jumeirah address, The Times of India reported.
A source close to the filmmaker spilled the beans: “Karan did receive an invite from SRK, and for the longest time he was actually in two minds whether he should miss it or be there. For years they have ushered in the New Year together in Dubai. You can say, the tradition was broken for the first time.”
Reportedly, Khan’s dinner bash was a quiet and private affair. It was attended by SRK’s other friends Boney Kapoor, Sridevi, Chunkey Pandey and wife, Sanjay and Maheep Kapoor. But, unfortunately, KJo wasn’t a part of it. (more…)
Starting his showbiz career as a TV show host, Sajid Khan has been steadily climbing up the Bollywood ranks. And our sources say that Sajid is now apparently the highest paid director in tinsel town after receiving a cheque of a whopping Rs 25 crore for his upcoming film Himmatwala.
An industry insider says, “He is Bollywood’s perfect ingredient for masala films. A particular production house saw some footage of his still-in-the-making film and were bowled over by his work. Now the company wants him to direct a film for them and have already handed over Rs 25 crore as his fee.” (more…)
- Ek Bagal Mein Chand Hoga (Gangs Of Wasseypur-1) : A smooth and soft song sounds like from era of 50’s contrasted with hard hitting lyrics tops in my list.
- Pani Da Rang Vekh Ke (Vicky Donor) : This was most surprising and delightful song of year. Blend of folk and pop music complemented with soothing voice of Ayushman.
- Chinta Ta Chita Chita (Rowdy Rathode) : This may sound crazy, spotting this at 3rd position after two soulful compositions. Whatever, but I never changed channel whenever this foot tapping song comes on TV. This is rehash version of 80’s Jitendra/Mithun numbers and composed so well.
- Jee Le Jara (Talaash) : This intense and life inspirational composition with lyrics expressing pain with so ease. There are few songs I love to listen late night at lonely moments and this one adds to list.
- Tumhi ho bandhu (Cocktail) : This song attained status of anthem within few days of release, especially among spiritual and club addict youngsters. Being an OSHO follower, I also loved the passion and the flow with which this youthful track about love and friendship spirited sung by Neeraj and Kavita.
- Womeniya (GOW-1) : Sound like a folk song with raw feel on vocals and singing, this songs is instantly likeable with its fresh and unique arrangement.
After a successful 2012, actor Akshay Kumar enters 2013 by shooting for the Hindi remake of Tamil action thriller Thuppakki. Akki tweeted about the shoot on the social networking site today.
Akshay tweets, “Started shooting my first film in the New Year, the Hindi remake of Thuppakki! Would love to get your good wishes today.”
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
1. Salman Khan :
The two biggest grossers belonged to him just like last year and is simply at a different level to other stars as far as box office is concerned.
2. Akshay Kumar:
A huge year with Rowdy Rathore and Housefull 2 although Khiladi
786 was a downer towards the end of the year.
3.Ranbir Kapoor: (more…)
- Kick Official Trailer | Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui (2)
nitesh for hit minimum collection should be 200 + crore. so any thing under 200 is... Jul 23, 3:23 PM
fazal the trailer looks good.but i dont think it wil work with audiances.becouse it looks like... Jun 20, 4:55 PM
- @AkshayKumar @HolidayTheFilm Superb Box Office Trending (14)
lax BOI says ~ it made 87 cr in10 days. Jun 16, 1:54 PM
Rowdyraj Request to all the NG members please do not miss this one. Such a strong... Jun 15, 4:51 PM
Gorilla Holiday Set To Be Top Grosser Of 2014 Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off... Jun 14, 8:20 PM
Gorilla True Lax. http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/holidayholdsverystronglyontuesday Jun 11, 3:38 PM
lax A very good news BOI says - Holiday holds strongly and did 7 cr on... Jun 11, 1:55 PM
lax It's entertainm will open very well and first week will be extraordinary but Singham 2... Jun 10, 3:51 PM
Gorilla Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty Has A Good Monday Holiday - A... Jun 10, 1:38 PM
Gorilla Two different reporting...BOI upset while Rest of the world is upbeat. Is it real bias... Jun 10, 1:37 PM
- Older »
NG Hit List
- Akshay Shah Reviews Sarkar Raj - 23,460 views
- Winners of 18th Annual Star Screen Awards 2012-Complete List - 21,811 views
- This Week From Past â€“ Don: The Chase Begins Again (2006) - 20,753 views
- Ishqiya â€“ Dil Toh Bacha Hai Ji - 19,765 views
- About Us - 16,747 views
- Hrithik Roshan gets back into shape post Guzaarish - 16,118 views
- Shala Movie Review: Reliving School Days - 11,673 views
- Top 10 Stars of Tamil Cinema (Updated) - 11,073 views
- Advertise - 9,985 views
- Dil mera Muft Ka- Agent Vinod Full song - 9,770 views
NG All Stars
After Humshakals was criticised by viewers and critics, actor Saif Ali Khan too trashed the film, saying it was regressive and he regretted being a part of it and underestimating his audience’s intelligence. But how difficult is it for a director to stand by his own project, when the lead actor slams it by saying the film didn’t have a script to begin with? Director Teja, who has worked in Tollywood and Bollywood and directed films like Nuvvu Nenu, Jai and Nijam, feels that it is unfair of any actor to wash his hands off a project when it has failed. “And in Saif’s case, he had a triple role in the film and he practically occupied 80 per cent of the screen space. HowRead more...
My surreal journey into the world of movie-making started long before my family and I walked down the red carpet two weeks ago. That was the night producers Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, and Juliet Blake showcased their beautiful film of The Hundred-Foot Journey, my novel about a young Indian chef who becomes a three-star chef in Paris. One of the most memorable moments actually happened last fall, when my wife and I visited the film set an hour outside of Toulouse, the mud fields where director Lasse Hallström and a long list of major-league talent, including actors Helen Mirren and Om Puri, were miraculously turning my little tale into a big-screen fable. Oprah Winfrey wanted to meet me, and so my wife and I nervouslyRead more...