PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO NG! **THANK YOU TO MEMBERS WHO HAVE ALREADY HELPED**

Dear Members and Visitors,

Please help NG out and donate, else the site will be forced to shut down due to insufficient resources.

Many upgrades have been put in place to ensure that the site is FASTER, EFFICIENT and the user has a greater experience.

We have also made greater attempts to take trolls and spammers of the site.

We have to hit our goal, and I urge each member/user to donate a little bit towards the community.

Love,

Rohit

1. Aditya007
    Aditya007
    December 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Rohit,
    OK, I’ll surely ready to help Our Forum, but tell Us how much’ll least donation be requqired?

2. Aditya007
    Aditya007
    December 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

*required

3. lax
    lax
    December 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM

$100 from me.

4. Tango
    Tango
    December 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Rohit jaan,

1) First of all make this a sticky topic at top.

2) Makes me sad that just two ppl responded.

3) Folks you can also send $ 50, which is not even equal to 10 ppl watching a film at a metro multiplex.

Ok, coming to things Rohit, should I route it as before via our common friend? Or let me have an Indian a/c with State Bank Of India, Syndicate Bank or Axis Bank.

5. Tango
    Tango
    December 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Aditya bro you can put in $ 40 or 50, depending on what you can spare.

As you know boond boond se sagar banta hai :-)

6. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    December 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

should I route it as before via our common friend? Or let me have an Indian a/c

7. iitianWay
    iitianWay
    December 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM

how can we pay using indian credit card?
    paypal is not accepting indian credit cards.
    please share more ways to pay!!

1. Alfa.one
      Alfa.one
      January 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Paypal accepts both HDFC and ICICI credit cards only HSBC card was rejected.

8. Alfa.one
    Alfa.one
    January 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Happy new year to all !!!

I want to do bank transfer or through paypal. Kindly let me know the procedure.

9. suprabh
    suprabh
    January 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Hey Rohit,

Where’s the donation link? I can’t see it.

10. iitianWay
    iitianWay
    January 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Rohit ..u said something about India transfer things…no updates??

Rohit, Every thing requires some marketing…see how suprabh is reviving posts/comments..even praising my type of people for no reason… and bringing back gone ones!!
    I strongly think outsource this donation thing/task to him ..he will quickly fill the coffer…if u r really serious and feel so about donation target!

11. suprabh
    suprabh
    January 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Found the link, did my bit of contribution :)

12. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    January 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Rohit, is it possible to have the following posted here:
    Account name
    Account number
    Bank name
    Ifsc code
    Bank address

The above will help me do a wire transfer. If you cannot paste it here, pls send me an email.

1. iitianWay
      iitianWay
      January 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Rohit.. pls do as Gorilla suggested…tummse jyada hamein pressure hai 1st Feb se pahale transfer ka. :)

13. lax
    lax
    January 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM

dear friends,
    please lets donate little more and save the naachgaana.

jo USA,EUROPE,AUSTRALIA,JAPAN me hai ,20-25 dollar jyada nahin hai na!
    jyada se jyada saal me 10-12 samose kam khane se ham bhoke bhi nahin rahenge.lekin sochie agar naachgaana closed huwa to kya hoga,mai to kalpana bhi nahi kar sakta.aap sab bhi to naachgaana se pyar karte hai,everyday dating bhi karte hai,uske liye thoda kharcha karna to hamara farz banta hai na.

mere tarafse every year 300 daollar for a naachgaana.

14. iitianWay
    iitianWay
    January 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM

shared my pie.. and now feeling good :)
    as they say… A lot can happen over coffee ..i say …A lot can happen over coffee price
    So, share ur caffine today to remain addicted for full one year.

15. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    January 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Rohit, have sent u an email. pls reply.

16. Alfa.one
    Alfa.one
    January 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Dear Mr. Rohit, I requested u to let me know how to transfer the money and to which account. I am having account in ICICI bank, India.

Waiting for ur reply on “alfa.zafar@gmail.com”

Thanks

17. iitianWay
    iitianWay
    January 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Rohit, I request u to defer the end date by one more week…lets see if it helps few more to do the thing!! :)

18. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    January 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Rohit, Have done my bit. Pls check you email.

19. danish
    danish
    January 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

i have some unsolicited advice on this.

i dont think this ‘donation’ strategy is a viable long term business model. also it sounds very ‘embarrassing’.

you should either go for either subscription or advertising as a revenue model, or may be a combination of both.

A . subscription

1. it should be mandatory for all members unlike ‘donation’. i mean why should only the ‘conscientious’ pay while ppl like me have free fun.

2. go for a high number of subscribers rather than a high rate. any product catering to india has to focus on ‘volumes’.

3. subscription shud be very low, may be as low as 1 dollar a month as many of the subscribers to the site are students, young adults not earning much. also even those earning well may not want to commit huge amounts of money to a blog.

4. subscription must be broken into small amounts. most kids are more likely to pay one dollar a months (rs 50/-) than 12 dollars a year (rs 600/-) at a go. also that way they have the option of not subscribing from the month they are not enjoying.

5. the mode of payments shud be more friendly to those who dont have a credit card etc. i mean rohit u cud be in USA bt many of ur subscribers are in allhabaad and muzaffarnagar. dont be myopic like srk, focussing just on overseas. look at volumes/footfalls u can get from india @rs 50/- per head it will be huge. so have some simpler ways like may be depositing money in a bank account (SBI wud be an ideal bank) also available to those who dont flaunt a credit card.

6. with subscription’ the posting rights shud become ‘democratized’. every subscriber shud have it. but to avoid spamming it cud be limited to one or two posts a month. many may not even use it but it gives them a sense of fair play. as for your writers who are regular, prolific and ‘better’ (and you must have a scientific way to describe a ‘better’ writer, may be based on number of views) you can give them a higher number of posts per month, may be unlimited as it exists now.

B. Advertising –

1. advertising as a revenue model will only work if the traffic is high. so chuck the ‘quality’ farce, go all out for high volume of hits

2. profiling internet users is a tough task. so dont bother abouut ‘niche products’. go for GEC products ( As defined by the world of internet).

3. to have high footfalls make sure to see that ‘better’ material is displayed better and longer (may be linking the number of views to stickiness)

4. have some original material like breaking news etc on bollywood. this may involve spending on hiring ppl but may get you ‘mainstream media space’ as opposed to ‘just a blog’ positioning

5. respect the reader/viewer/subscriber. and cater to the advertiser. no body else is relevant, least of all pseudo-intellectual custodians of ‘quality’ (as defined strictly by their sensibilities.)

20. Alfa.one
    Alfa.one
    January 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM

At the outset, welcome back. Was missing ur posts and comments !!!

Nice suggestions, though could not understand much the sl. no. 2 (advertising)

21. danish
    danish
    January 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

@lafa.one – thanx!

but what is so difficult in understanding whatever suggestions i have given for increasing advertising revenue?

22. danish
    danish
    January 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

sorry alfa.one – i mistakenly typed r name as lafa.one.

so accept my apologies before i get banned again.

23. danish
    danish
    January 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM

@film maker – plz dont be offended. wat i meant was why shud u ‘request’ for something (donation) that is ur right (subscription) u provide all users a service and u have a right to charge for it. but it shud be even (everyone pays).

thats my main suggestion. and thats wat is likely to make money flow in ( hopefully – though u wud know better)

and if a decent amount of money comes in – maintainence and manpower wont be a problem.

right now – think in terms of 5000 and 10000 subscribers instead of 10 ‘donators’.

and if these suggestions are not viable (u kno more abt ur business) Then simply ignore them. or use them partially taking viable parts.

24. Serenzy
    Serenzy
    February 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

“dont be myopic like srk, focussing just
    on overseas. look at volumes/
    footfalls u can get from india
    @rs 50/- per head it will be
    huge.”

…And Danish is Back!!!!!

Welcome Yaar.!
    :D

25. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    February 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I second most of the suggestion of Danish related to advert. However, I do not see anything wrong in asking for contribution.
    NG had been a social media where free idea share concept attracted many. Forcing to pay may not work. It will be like facebook asking FB users to pay.
    Other revenue share model apart
    1. Value added services like paid NG member meet, will love to know …. Maybe Danish is actually Akshay Kumar due to his good business acumen. :)
    Example – meet Danish, tashan, suprabh, tango, shetty and ank in person.
    This will work will long associates of NG
    2. Liaising with companies who make games on movies…..put them on NG. Anyone who plays those games frm NG can give rev to NG…or those companies can pay on pay per use model.
    Serious ideas on 1and 2 can be implemented.

26. Alfa.one
    Alfa.one
    February 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM

“sorry alfa.one – i mistakenly typed r name as lafa.one.”

@ danish – NO ISSUES and no need to apologies. I have only shown my happiness after seeing u here back on NG and wish u to remain here for ever. And seriously, i didnt get much about advg. as I am not familiar with the subject of Adv. & Mktng.

27. danish
    danish
    February 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

@serenzy – thanx yaar!

waise bhi apne se chhoton ke bhaashan sune bahut din ho gaye the. so aapne aate hi suna diya on my post.

@gorilla – good ideas.