Khiladi 786 Has Disappointing Day One

Friday 8th December 2012 22.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Khildi 786 is set to have a disappointing day one. The film was never likely to have a huge first day but the early first day figures are set to be well below the mark. A Talaash sort of opening or 5-10% less would have been okay but the early figures coming in from Delhi/UP, East Punjab and Rajasthan suggest that even a 10 crore nett total is not on the cards.

The figures from other circuits may surprise but its unlikely as if an Akshay Kumar starrer is weak in Delhi and East Punjab where his starrers are normally so strong then other places will find it tough going.

A likely scenario is a first day total between 8-9 crore nett and if night shows are strong it may add another 25 lakhs odd to the total.

Whatever the total it is simply shocking that an Akshay Kumar mass entertainer has collected less than a film like Jism 2 in Delhi/UP and East Punjab on day one. These sort of opening numbers in key circuits means the film needs a miraculous jump over the weekend.

1. Abhishek S
    Abhishek S
    December 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’m an all out Sallu Fan but have to say that it seems that BOI is a bit too negative abt this. Why is it being written off so quickly????

2. Fasel
    Fasel
    December 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

All the hype, publicity, great music, this is very disappointing. If this was an “non-masala” film, then I can totally understand but being a “masala” friendly film I was expecting bigger numbers.

Does anyone know how many screens RR released on?

3. deadmanwalking
    deadmanwalking
    December 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM

another flop for Akki and another big let dawn for the big star after shahrukh and aamir now aaki

4. rockie_Dabangg2
    rockie_Dabangg2
    December 8, 2012 at 5:43 AM

All biggies from JTHJ – SOS – Talaash and now K786 have underperformed.

All eyes now on Dabangg2.
    Extremely excited for Dabangg2 … :)

Bring it on Pandey-ji ….

5. dr.nick
    dr.nick
    December 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM

^^^sos didnt underperform at all.inspite of all attempts to sabotage it,it came close to 100cr.with only the C grade single screens available it did very well.as far as dabangg 2 is concerned its going to be a massive blockbuster.cant wait for 21st december

6. GOD- Ek Tha Human
    GOD- Ek Tha Human
    December 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Hahhahaha…. What happ to Akshay ?? Coming after 1BB n 2 SH And in a movie that is the flavor of the season and with more screens could not even cross Talaash opening forget other masala movies… Lol

7. Zubair
    Zubair
    December 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Fasel it was 2700 for RR

8. Zubair
    Zubair
    December 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

*screens

9. RJ
    RJ
    December 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I was so sure this movie wont work, even while Tango and the other media pieces were writing about it….something about this movie was not connecting with the audience. I could clearly sense the disconnect. So these numbers dont surprise me… in fact only followers of Akki claimed big about the Khiladi tag, but it really didnt create that impact with the regular audience!

And people who saw it yesterday, didnt have very kind things to say about the movie…in fact this isnt as hyped, or else it could be called Tees Maar Khan 2!

10. Serenzy
    Serenzy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So, Only SALMAN KHAN and Rohit Shetty can Make Bakchodi Work!

I Thot Akshay will Make a ‘Ready’ Out off K786 given the Similar Scenarios btwn them[Superstar in Form + Mindless Bakchodi Comedy/Action + Asin + Multistarrer + Normal Weekend + CHARTBUSTERS].

But No, it is Gtting Thrashed Critically and BO Wise.

Just Goes onto show the Extent and Craze of Salman Khan ATM in India.

So, Akki Fans in Pakistan and UK…
    BITCH PLEASE!

1. joker8546
      joker8546
      December 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

ABe fruit Frenzy band kar ye sallu jaap

2. rafee
      rafee
      December 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Serenzy bro. are you ok? tabiyat to thik haina? kahin phir JTHJ to nahin dekh li? :P ready multistarrer ROFLLLL kuch b bakwas not expected from a srk fan like you.

Knowing you I suppose you have done unintentional mistake :)

11. RJ
    RJ
    December 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Its not sallu japp J8546, its a fact.

And given these big budget, unimpressive collecting movies, I feel ETT was way superior in its entertainment quotient as well as BO.
    I am sure if Salman was in Rowdy Rathore, it would have collected atleast 50-60 more, given the same release period.

1. rafee
      rafee
      December 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

@joker8546 this entertainmentoneindia and its BO collections has always been a joke of a site like it also had don 2 at 137crores in india nett :P

12. VED-Z
    VED-Z
    December 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

koi 8.75

koi 9.50

koi 16

Kaash BO ka update bhi upar se chitragupt ki taraf se aata kam se kam fair/genuine and universal to hota

13. Phantom
    Phantom
    December 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Almost touched my 7.86 cr prediction. Great going Himesh

14. Zubair
    Zubair
    December 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Wow serenzy bro
    ready a multistarrer….

1. sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      December 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I think he meant it as “lots of characters” in movie

15. dr.nick
    dr.nick
    December 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

ready a multistarrer?dude u know the meaning of multistarrer.no entry can be called a multistarrer or partner.ready posters had only salman khan.not even asin.a full fledged solo blockbuster.the srk fanatic in you is surfacing slowly nd steadily.

1. sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      December 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Dr. Nick: since srk is no longer a star, his fans think that all characters in a movie are stars.

16. Zubair
    Zubair
    December 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Serenzy
    even ready music is way way ahead of k786…

17. sanket porwal
    sanket porwal
    December 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Serenzy- You are a fanatic? ;) See what people are calling you. :P

They forgot all the bashing of yours towards JTHJ, and just nitpicked that “multistarrers” :D

Ye NG hai mere bhai, soch samajhkar shabon ka vyapar karo :D

I made a high prediction post for JTHJ and I am declared a SRK fan. Same way you called Ready a multistarrer and now you are declared fanatic :D

But why no-one is calling me Akshay fan? I mean I had predicted K786 to have 40cr weekend and 100cr lifetime. :D

1. dr.nick
      dr.nick
      December 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

arre mitra,i was being sarcastic wheni called him a fanatic.smiley daalna bhul gaya bass.

18. Roy
    Roy
    December 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Komal Nahta ?@KomalNahta

@shreyCmehta Weekend of K786 will be dull as collections hav dropped badly at many places today (day 2).Nagpur coll. extremely poor today

19. Serenzy
    Serenzy
    December 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My NG Dahlin’s,

I Just Added More Factors So the Comparison luks Exciting.

Even K786 is Not Multistarrer in Truest Sense[Say Sumthing like HF2 Purely is] but What I Meant was[As Dear Sanjeev said] that Both Movies have loads of Characters.

Plus they had the Other Things Going for it Common btwn Ready,K786 And Say OSO too.

Kya 1Word ko Pakad kar Khuja Rahe ho?

Get the Flow of My Comment Lovelies! ;)

20. Serenzy
    Serenzy
    December 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Sanket.

Lots of Love[As Always :P ;) ]

21. sanket porwal
    sanket porwal
    December 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Serenzy :)

Dr.Nick- Actually that comment was more about people calling me Srk fan when I had predicted high figures for JTHJ, and they were Akshay fans no doubt! :D And anyways, how can a Solapuri fight with another solapuri?

My question is to Akshay fans. Why am I not Akshay Kumar fan when I have predicted 50cr for Joker and 100cr for Khiladi? Both are far away from my predictions :D

1. sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      sanjeev-dabangg2-beats-ETT
      December 9, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Sanket,
      Dont worry if someone calls you fan of a star..This is nothing
      If one day Danish posts something good about Akki, then people (including me) can call him Akki fan…This is true.