jab-tak-hai-jaan-10-important-life-lessons-from-the-film

ou probably know by now that ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ is a heavy duty romance triangle between Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma played out over a period of 10 years. If unrequited love isn’t your thing, this is a film to skip. But JTHJ is also a great example of how cinema can teach you not to be stupid in life or take it completely for granted.
There are spoilers ahead so if you haven’t seen the film, please feel free to come back later. This was director Yash Chopra’s swansong and his hand is evident in every scene of the film, some beckoning you to postcard-perfect, snow-covered London and some to the rugged terrains of Ladakh.
We pick the 10 most ludicrous aspects of the film that make ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ boringly mortal and teach us valuable life lessons in what not to do if you ever find yourself in any of the following situations.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan is also a great example of how cinema can teach you not to be stupid in life.
Lightening does strike the same point twice:
Irony is a b****. To be struck by a car while on a motorcycle is one thing. But to be struck by a car twice is plain foolishness. Major Samar Anand is a poster boy for road safety. First, he gets hit by a car while showing off his biking skills to his new girlfriend. The second time he gets hit again by a car while waiting for Discovery Channel reporter Akira (Anushka Sharma). Look while you are crossing the road.

1. ady_koolz
    ady_koolz
    November 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

he he ..good one…but I am wondering why there is no negative post on SOS which is equally painful film….

2. jealous hater of srk
    jealous hater of srk
    November 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

oh bt the same things have been said abt son of sardar why didn’t u post it

3. ady_koolz
    ady_koolz
    November 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM

@Utkal ,
    I agree with you point but SOS is also portrayed as masala entertainer and Ajay devgan and his fans (SRK haters) are saying it would be very entertaining film…but from my personal experience SOS has no entertainment and no masala …it is worst kind of cinema and made without any effort , At least I can give JTHJ some credit that it tries some romance/emotions but eventually that fails …So SOS should also be treated with same barometer…

4. Tango
    Tango
    November 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Utkal dada “If you want to do maximum damage to your enemy, plant bombs in deserted heights of Ladakh where the population density is about 1 for 10 sq kms.”

Since you had said that there were 12 year old in your group too, so it must be from one of them, otherwise, there is something termed as “Strategically Important” , so it need not be “how many people you kill” it is to cripple important supply routes, like bridges etc.

5. Tango
    Tango
    November 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM

“Tango: But this point was made by one of the women, who I guess she was too exasperated to think logically and appreciate all the attention to detail shown in the film. ”

I guess if that is the case, it can only be termed as nitpicking in a commercial film.

When you talk about British/Britain, do you think that a group of ppl who do not even know about Cricket, and for whom a cricket ball is like a UFO beat them (even club level cricketers) in a cricket match?” That is cinematic liberty that can be enjoyed. Still Lagaan was a wonderful film that I thproughly enjoyed, and went on to be one of the top 5 in Oscar category for foreign films.n But I never saw even a single post that questioned logics!. One can even nitpick the scene where a 786 Billa reflected a bullet off Big B’s chest in one of his classics.
    This is cinema.

Idhar apni Indian team, is not sure of beating England. We have domestic cricket, IPL and what not, still …

I can post flaws in films like Dev D, CDI, Ghajini, Zakhm, TZP etc. etc. but I do not believe in nitpicking.

I saw Khuda Key Liye yesterday with a renowed actor from East India and he too agreed on cinematic liberties in the film.

I personally believe that in commercial cinema cinematic liberties are given.

Having said that, your intellectaul group seems to be in minority (I respect their views), but JTHJ is all set to reset the records in West Bengal, that is eastern territory, your home turf.

6. srk lover
    srk lover
    November 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Srk fans been finding flaws with other actors movie for some time so it’s a pay back time

7. RedDevil
    RedDevil
    November 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

SRK’s films have always done well in West Bengal. No matter what people can come up. Each film will have its own loopholes or logical ambiguities. As Tango said if we could nitpick or pick apart there should be lots of illogical relevance in other films as well. Though the cinematic liberties shouldn’t be used to an extent of boring the audience or fooling them with mindless content. Infact if we take the action scenes performed in every action films do we think there is any logic in that. In real-time can anyone perform the stunts shown in the films and get away without hurting or bruises or for that matter Hero being the cleverest among all the Star-cast and the supporting actors are the dumbest in every film. So films should be considered for entertainment purpose and as an amusement. Also if logic is the primary thing then who would think South masala films dominating the box-office not only in south when its remade in other languages. Then can we say people who are accepting those films as dumb, foolish and tasteless. Its the entertainment factor which makes up for a film to be a hit nevertheless the cinematic liberties should be in a acceptable way.

8. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

RedDevil-SRK’s films have always done well in West Bengal

The difference is that JTHJ is not only doing good in West Bengal, but almost all the major/big circuits.

In fact unlike the initial predictions, JTHJ has surprised in UP and CP Berar too, where I thought SOS will dominate. In Rajasthan too JTHJ is catching up fast.

9. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

How do explain in so many commercial films that are classics when doctors say- Inko bas dua bach sakti hai- And after the 5-mins at mandir-masjid the hero gets up. 786 har dil ko de sahara.

How do explain that in a posh school a dyslexia kid just walks out and returns back at free will, when in the small schools of my town, my childa cannot even venture out of the doors without the principal agreeing? That is cinematic liberty.

10. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Chalo choddo yeh sab dada, what is fav reference baromete IMDb (that, as per you, cannot be manipulated!) saying about JTHJ & SOS?

11. srk lover
    srk lover
    November 15, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Tango ji bhi srk fans hai kya? Why is he fighting with utkal?
    I thought tango was one neutral member in NG

12. Prashant
    Prashant
    November 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Acc. To utkal uncle, cinematic liberty is vaccum cleaner se bache ki delivery karna….

13. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM

srk lover

Aap ki generation ke liye yeh fight hai, hamari generation ke liye yeh debate hai. That is the difference. Bas yehi farq hai.

I am debating with Utkal dada about what he has said and what he believes is correct, and what I believe is correct. Nor am I insulting him nor is he calling me names. I respect him, and I am sure he respects me.

That is what democracy is all about, and that is why Rohit created this forum.

14. Fasel
    Fasel
    November 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Tango, you are wasting your time and energy :)

15. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Fasel- Energy to ab zyada nahi hai, time I have at this moment, due to the Diwali holidays, which will be on for a couple of days more.

Baaqi, jo inevtable hai, will be obvious, by this Sunday.

Uske baad, just my write ups will speak, with facts and stats, as always :!:

16. RedDevil
    RedDevil
    November 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

With all d social networking sites going berserk on Bal Thackrey’s health condition .. Hope it doesn’t turn up true .. or else the business of both these films might get affected at Mumbai Circuit .. We all knw d Shiv sena group always do d weirdest things ..

17. Tango
    Tango
    November 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Aside of what will happen to the films, I wish Bala Sahab a speedy recovery, though situation is grave.

18. RedDevil
    RedDevil
    November 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Hope Bala Saheb recovers from d current position .. But as it sounds from d news update the situation looks critical .. Hope it gets better ..

19. Alfa.one
    Alfa.one
    November 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM

@utkal dada – could u find flaws in 3I and Gajhini ???

I wish fast recovery of Bala Saheb. The rumours are very bad and I wish these r only rumours and not the truth.

20. RJ
    RJ
    November 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Flaws are with any movie. But flaws or liberties that seem acceptable in the story and setting gel well with the movie. Otherwise a bat mobile transforming into a Bat (the jet) would seem incomprehensible and ridiculous out rightly..