Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; November 10, 2012)
Parineeti has got herself a hero albeit for the camera. After dropping Shahid Kapoor from his next with Yash Raj Films, Maneesh Sharma has finalised his male lead. Apparently, after a lot of thinking, the makers have decided to go with a young and fresh talent, namely Sushant Singh Rajput.
A source told Mirror, “After the Shahid controversy, Maneesh didn’t waste any time. He started brainstorming on various actors’ names and eventually decided to go with a relatively new face. Someone recommended Sushant’s name and he asked his team to arrange the meeting.”
Sushant who has wrapped up the shoot of Abhishek Kapoor’s Kai Po Che and has also signed Rajkumar Hirani’s P.K, remained unavailable for comment.
Parineeti had been finalised as one of the two leading ladies in Maneesh Sharma’s next with Yash Raj Films months back. “The other girl is most likely going to be a new face too. The film will go on floors by the end of this year,” said a source close to the project.