Timepass of the Year!

My Take on ‘Student of the Year’

RATING: 3/5

An Fun, Timepass Movie[Not at all Meant to be Taken Seriously at all].

A Purr-fectly Nice Outing with your Teenage Friends.

Karan Johar does this Stuff
Superbly… Like Barjatya’s in
Modern Day World Mode[They themselves Failed with MPKDH] but No Beating Johar on this Terrain which is his Stronghold.

A More Controlled Budget and a 62cr wud have Guranteed a Superhit but Nonetheless it’s a Clean Success[Damn Happy for Dharma and KJo… LoL on those Haters of Johar Drama World].

Alia Bhatt was Good in
whatever Small Role She Had…Was Hawt in that ‘Bikini’.

Sana Saeed Played the Rich Bitch to Perfection and all the Other Supporting Actors were Good too, Kayoze Irani’s Sudo being
the Best of them all.

Sid Malhotra is a Good Actor
and Comer Across Pleasantly
Onscreen…Kind a Good and Controlled Actor.

But Varun Dhawan deffo is the
B’Wood “Star Material”
Qualities and will go a Long
Way with his Talent and
Connections in the Industry.

Songs were Another Huge Highlight of the Movie.

Overall, A Pleasant, Tp Watch.

STAR of The Movie – Varun
Dhawan

Weakpoints :-

– The Actual Competetion Part of SOTY was Weak and Not Something Grand as I Thought it wud be as the Students were Talking at the Start.

– There was No Strong
Emotional Drama, Romantic
Passion OR Some Totally ROFL Sequence[This Was Surprising bcz KJo always had Some Totally LoL Moments always]

– No Strong Teacher/Professor Role… Ronit Roy, Rishi Kapoor and all the Parent’s Role were Sleepwalking.

p.s – Now Time For the KINGS to Show the Kiddo’s How Romance Done.
:D

1. suprabh
    suprabh
    November 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have regrettably watched K3G and KANK in theater both were never ending and nerve ending.

2. jealous hater of srk
    jealous hater of srk
    November 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Gud review bt u r too late and also which ws ur fav rofl scenes?.. I am sure u liked dat radha song scene of rishi kapur and dinning table scene on share market

3. GOD- Ek Tha Human
    GOD- Ek Tha Human
    November 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Btw who is Varuna ddhawan.. The taller guy or the shorter guy ?? The main hero is as wooden as Imran khan..

4. Tango
    Tango
    November 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I have kept a safe distance from SOTY, as I had said, but jo youths ka verdict, woh sar aankhon par.

Varun Dhawan woh hai (maine usko nahi dekha), about whom (jalna nahi!) most young girls are crazy rt now (based on actual campus feedback). Cannot say about how fida the young boys (Hamara yeh shauq kabhi nahi raha :!: ) are :-)

5. prg
    prg
    November 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM

i have only seen KKHH and MNIK of KJo… hated both.

i have watched around 30-45 mins of K3G… cud not go beyond that
    KANK… this must be biggest bore-fest ever made… have watched around 15-20 minutes of this movie in 3 installments… all the scenes looked same to me even though they were actually different …

@Serenzy..

KHNH was Nikhil Advani’s movie… bechare Nikhil ko uski movie ka credit to de do yaar… ek hi to hit film hai uski

6. Gorilla
    Gorilla
    November 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

It was a decent time pass. Varuna and Sid has potential to become good actors.

7. prg
    prg
    November 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM

“Kal Ho Naa Ho is By Far the Best Johar Movie yet.”

u like it more than KKHH??? i did not like KHNH as well.

“SOTY is Like Indianised ‘High School Musical’ … If u Like tht and Hate this, That’s Pseudo-giri”

i have neither watched those High School Musical films nor I intend to. About SOTY, i knew this movie is going to be crap because of Karan Johar directing it…. first promo only reinforced my belief.

8. prg
    prg
    November 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM

@Serenzy
    I too love JJWS. Also loved WUS, Udaan. Liked MFK, Rockford, Dil Dosti.
    I did not find Haasil that good. I had heard so much about it but at the end I was disappointed. Though i do not mean to say it was bad.

I love both Gulaal and HKA. Both are classics for me. HKA is one of the best love stories in hindi movies, if not the best.

9. prg
    prg
    November 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

@serenzy…
    SOTY sounds like Good Boy Bad Boy starring the great Tushar and Emraan.