1. Serenzy said:

After Much Persuasion from Many[Incl. Danish], I Watched ‘Maqbool’ a Month Back.

I Liked the Movie to a Small Extent… The 1st Half was Amazing and Felt Earthy, Real-Life Like[On the Lines of RGV's Company/Satya].

But what Makes those 2 Movies Better than Maqbool is that Bhardwaj Jumbles Up in the 2nd Half Big Time and Post the Death of Abba-ji[Pankaj Kapoor in a Role of a Lifetime and Hands Down the STAR of Maqbool] the Movie becomes Deadly Slow and Comes Across as a Confused Attempt on the Mumbai Mafia.

But the Sufi Songs in the 1st Half, the Romantic Track btwn Irrfan-Tabu, Pankaj Kapoor’s Act Make the Movie a Definite One Time Watch.

Lack of Impactful Drama and Menacing Manipulations Harm ‘Maqbool’ from Being an AllTime Classic.

I Also Quite Liked the Funny Side Track of Om Puri and Naseerudding Shah.

3/5
    [Better than the "Wannabe" GOW Series but More Polish & Violence, Raw Grittiness As Reqd as Perfectly Showcased in BF, Company, Satya and even Sarkar].

……..

Yet to Watch HKA, Omkara and Need a Rewatch of Kaminey bcz the 1st Time I Watched it , the Lighting was too Dark[ Same for Gulaal]
    :P
    ……..

7KM too had an Interesting Premise but the Film got Hurt by a Repetetive, Crappy End and Bad Set of Disintrested Actors.

Only, NNM as the Major and Vivaan Shah were AwesomE 7KM.

2/5

………

Ishqiya Remains the best Bharadwaj Movie as of yet.
    3/5

2. Khan.1 said:

Exactly my thoughts serenzy. For me the movie ends when abaaji dies. I have watched maqbool many times but only till the scene where PK dies. Its a classic for me.

3. Serenzy said:

I Love this Scene from Maqbool you Posted.

2 more Scenes that were Fab and Remained with Me are,

- When Om Puri checks out Miyan’s[Irrfan] Raashee and Says he will be the Next Successor Post Abbaji’s Death

- When Irrfan is Preparing Biryani for the Wedding and PK Comes and Hugs him Sweetly out of Affection.

Irrfan’s Expressions was Priceless.

4. prg said:

I dont remember much about Maqbool… what i remember is fantastic act by Pankaj Kapoor. I also liked Om Puri and Naseer. Love the “Tu Mere Rubaroo” track. I need to watch this movie again… don’t know if i will do that though. The presence of Tabu also discourages me from watching it again. I hate her and find it extremely difficult to tolerate her.

5. Khan.1 said:

IMO tabu performed very well. Liked om puri but naseerudin didnt looked in his elements and was little below his level.
    Maqbool has the best starcast i have ever seen and they did excel in their performance.

6. Serenzy said:

Dj Sir,

I Know… I Meant Best Bhardawaj Associated Movie[Yet to See Blue Umbrella, Omkara and I Need a Rewacth of KAMINEY].

Makdee too was 1Time Fascinating Watch…7KM was Boring.

……….

prg,
    Even I Liked that Song and ‘Jheeni Beeni Jheeni’.

But it’s Not Worthy of Rewatch…You will Sleep in the 2nd Half.

But PK’s Portions as Abba-ji are Like Study/Textbook of Powerful and Restraint Anger Acting.

The Movie Failed to Live upto the Justice of the kind of Actors Cast in it.

Jha, Ratnam, Dibakar wud have done a Better Job.

Vaastav, Satya, Sarkar, SAL, OUATIM, BF, Sarfarosh, Company are Better Mafia Movies than Maqbool.

7. prg said:

serenzy..

“Jha, Ratnam, Dibakar wud have done a Better Job.”

which Jha u r talking about? Prakash Jha????

Prakash Jha is another Bhandarkar for me. But Gangajal was good.

i loved Kaminey… it is awesome…. also liked Omkara. Have not seen Blue Umbrella n Makdee.. though i want to.

7KM was boring… Priyanka’s performance was bad.

Do not remember “Jheeni Beeni” song.

@Dj
    “But is was directed by ashwini chubey.”

It was Abhisek Chaubey not Aswini.