Monthly Archives: April 2012
5. Neetu Singh (Do Dooni Chaar)- As a middle class wife of a School teacher, this lady gave us an amazing character in DO DOONI CHAAR. Her expressions were damn real and even the character written for her complemented her. Notice the scene where she has to sell off her ornaments to perform the formal function of marriage. She displays her sorrow and “I am happy” with sheer perfection. It’s a great work!
4. Kareena Kapoor (We Are Family) – Kareena Kapoor as an helpless girlfriend to a married father was a terrific attempt by her. She had many shades of act in that film and she carried it effortlessly. The way she takes care of the children or the way she convinces her boyfriend that she want to meet his children- everything is just amazing. Kareena Kapoor saved We Are Family from many clutches.
3. Vidya Balan (Ishqiya)- As the sexy and seductive Krishna, Vidya Balan’s role demanded too much of audacity from her, and Vidya Balan sinks herself in the role and does her job within the sync of the character. The way she impressed Naseeruddin or the way she gets seduced to Arshad its all done spectacularly.
2. Aishwarya Rai (Guzaarissh)- One hell of a spell-binding act, Aishwarya Rai’s best work till date. The scene where she argues against Shernaz Patel is easily one the best scenes that year. In the film she enacts her sorrow, her careful attitude, her depression all with aplomb. She displays sheer confidence and also looks gorgeous in each frame.
It has confirmed that sos wil clash with yrf-srk next thz diwali with k786 opting out of the race. At present its lookslike yrf-srk movie is miles ahead of sos as everythng is in their favour. Yrf-srk starer has edge over sos because of following reasons.
1. srk is way bigger than ajay when it cmes to boxoffice & specialy when srk is staring in romantic genre.
2. All the big names r associated with srk movie whether it is yashraj(director) or actress(katrina & anushka who r amng top actress) & also music is by ar rahman whereas sos has no big name except ajay devgn.
3. Srks promotional activities are way ahead than ajay as we hav seen during raone & don 2.
4. Recent ajay devgn track shows that ajay is nthng without rohit shetty.
But when we look from another point of view, it wil be srk-yrf has to face uphil task against sos.
1. Sos is medium budget movie & as ajay devgn hmslf is a producer & almost 70% of the film is filmed in single house.. so sos wil recover almst 70% of its cost frm satelite & music even bfre it release whle srk-yrf movie is big budget.
2. Its clear that sos is complete mass entertainer with punjabi tadka & its wl surely take big opening in punjab & also in sme mass centre bcoz romance genre is nt so hot amng masses.
3. Expectations frm srk-yrf is huge & everyne is expectng it to be record opener bt nw sos wil also take screen & it wl be almst imposible to be record opener..
some naachgaana members have been calling 2012 the year of judgment. most of them, wth zero scientific temperament, i am sure belive in the maya calender theory of the world coming to an end on 12 december this year (does that mean dabangg 2 will not release?) even when that DOESNT happen (i mean the world doesnt end) these idiots will find another way to justify their superstition like they did after expecting (hoping???) world will come to an end in 1999 as per nostradamus’ prediction, that never came true.
but this is a bollywood blog so i will talk abt matters related to bollywood. many think shahrukh/aamir/ hrithik/amitabh bachchan/ akshay /abhishek bachchan will cover the gap between salman and them this year. my question is kya iss saal / will this year……….
………..shahrukh be able to give 3 successes (including atbb to below average), 4 biggest hits of the year, two biggest hits of the dacde, and the solo hero biggest hit of the century (sholay was multi hero biggest hit of the century, hahk is the solo hero biggest hit of the century) and 2 atbbs (thats the gap between salman and him and sharukh has just one release, london ishq this year?)
Five minutes into the movie, and you can make out it is a Gulzar film. This Rajesh Khanna and Hema Malini film is though not directed by the maestro himself, but by Meraj, who was an assistant to the man in most his earlier directorial ventures. But everything- be it the dialogues or the treatment, or even the look given to the lead actors- looks straight out of the Gulzar school of film-making. That he has written the screenplay is just a part of this happy occurrence.
The story is set in a village, very much like the Jeetendra- Hema Malini starrer Khushboo that came just two years or so before this movie. But this time, instead of Jeetendra, the moustache is donned by (the then on the wane) superstar, who gets to play a meaty author (read Gulzar)-backed role. Ravi (Rajesh Khanna) is a city bred educated but unemployed youngster, who doesn’t lose his sense of humor and wit despite his many failures to secure a decent employment. A chance encounter leads him to the job of a dakiya (postman) in a nearby village, which he gladly accepts. In the village he soon gets around to doing his job with much sincerity and dedication. Within no time gets acquainted with most of the village folk- each of who have their own story to tell. These include a senile old lady who awaits the return of her son, a young widow who has lost her husband in the war- but has not lost the zest for living, and a young lady named Mohini (Hema Malini) who to Ravi’s pleasant surprise appears more than willing to strike a companionship. Soon Ravi and Mohini start meeting everyday and Ravi falls in love with her, completely oblivious to the fact that she has very little interest in him- the person, and most of her attention is reserved for Ravi- the postman. This is because Mohini expects a letter from her lover, an army-man, to reach her. Ravi’s pleasing ways and respectful manners lead her to confide in him her relationship with this soldier (Jeetendra in a guest appearance). This love story of hers completely shatters Ravi’s heart, who had genuinely felt that Mohini’s affections were a result of them drawing closer to one another with each passing day. But consoling himself, Ravi decides to go the city and look for this soldier who had not written to Mohini despite his many promises. When he returns, the news arrives that Mohini’s beloved is no more and has lost his life in the war. It then becomes his responsibility, being a postman, to break this news to Mohini…
Tezz has emerged the biggest flop of 2012 with first weekend collections of around 11.25-11.50 crore nett. The film may not even cross the 20 crore nett mark for lifetime business. The opening was dull and the film trended badly over the weekend. The weekend territorial breakdown is as follows.
Mumbai – 4.34 crore
Delhi/UP – 2.27 crore
East Punjab – 78 lakhs
Vicky Donor had a rock solid second weekend as it grossed around 6.25 crore nett in its second weekend. The business was driven by the three main circuits of Mumbai, Delhi/UP and East Punjab. The combined total from these three …
Mirror has learnt that Bachchan Jr in all probability will join the cast of Farah’s next starring Shah Rukh, tentatively titled Happy New Year. Now, SRK and Abhishek have never been sworn enemies. However, the two actors have never been good friends either.
Interestingly, Abhishek, despite the cold vibes shared with SRK has always maintained that the elder actor was like a big brother. A source close to the film explained, “SRK and Abhishek share a rather curious equation. However, now they are all set to work together. The project Happy New Year is turning out to be a reunion of sorts. First Farah and SRK made up and now SRK will work with Abhishek.”
According to industry insiders, Boman Irani will also play a pivotal role in the film. And while the two leading ladies have not been decided yet, Vidya Balan may bag the role opposite Shah Rukh.
And though the exact date for the film to go on floors is not known, industry insiders revealed that Farah may get a five-six day window to shoot her first schedule with SRK before the actor moves on to Rohit Shetty’s Chennai Express this October.
Jannat 1 and Murder 2 will be used as case studies to analyze and set the Jannat 2 Expectations.
Opening Weekend Prediction : Murder 2 had a opening weekend of 22 cr Approx Nett All India.
Using Nominal Inflation rate and keeping in mind that Jannat 2 will probably release at around 10% more theatres, we can expect a ~ 25 cr Opening Weekend for Jannat 2.
First Week Prediction : Murder 2 had a Weekend to Week ratio of 1.66. Using the same ratio, we get around 41.75 cr First Week Prediction for Jannat 2.
Lifetime Prediction : Murder 2 had a First Week to Lifetime ratio of 1.31, Jannat 2 will end around 54-55 cr Lifetime mark if it follows the same trajectory.
Tashan – his obsession with anything Akki does, it’s out there on NG instantly thanks to Tashan
Danish – his scientific analysis & theories to show Salman is most popular among (all)
JTW – his passion & support for SRK – unwillingness to hear anything against his hero
TeraBaap – never give up attitude like his hero Abhishek Bachchan
Utkal – his fetish for IMDB, TRP, youtube like/dislike numbers for Aamir
A week ahead of its U.S. debut, Marvel’s The Avengersopened in 39 foreign territories and scored a truly heroic $178.4 million. The movie took first place in all of its markets, and set new opening weekend records in a dozen of them as well.
The Avengers had its top start in the United Kingdom ($24.7 million), though that only ranks 16th all-time there. In Australia, the movie’s $19.7 million is the second-highest opening ever, while its $15.9 million debut in Mexico is a new record. It also set records in Brazil ($11.3 million), Taiwan ($7.7 million), the Philippines ($6.5 million), Hong Kong ($4.6 million) and seven other smaller markets.
While not quite reaching all-time levels, the movie also had very strong starts in South Korea ($12.9 million), France ($12.7 million), Italy ($10.4 million), and Spain ($7.3 million). Oddly, it only opened to $6.7 million in Germany, though looking at past Avengers movie grosses it doesn’t appear the Germans are as fond of the team as the rest of the world.
Across the 12 markets where estimates are available, The Avengers opened over twice as high, on average, asIron Man 2, which currently holds the team’s overseas record with $311.5 million (a number The Avengers is going to annihilate within the next few weeks).