NG needs a new moderator

(thanks I.one for bringing this up)

As you all may have seen, NG has hardly been under any moderation these days. I don’t know about Rooney (another mod besides me) but my reason is lack of interest and excessive work load. I am there on NG for all for 30-40 minutes per day these days..and whatever time I am there, I do not like to involve myself in resolving fights or arguing with relatively newer members, because its like familiarizing them with the whole game of NG over and over.

I hereby, request Rohit to appoint a new moderator of NG. Someone who is quite active and someone who will get the job done.

Its time, I retired.

Thanks,

Suprabh

1. Aditya007
    Aditya007
    March 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM

@suprabh
    Dear , u should nt drop this job, u can some rest for it.
    And after all who ‘ll be next??????
    Nd how ‘ll u find as best mod.(without partial)

2. Serenzy
    Serenzy
    March 31, 2012 at 10:36 PM

This aint happening Suppy yaar!!!

U r d best mod here and it will b hard for anyone to replace u.

I suggest u take a break for a while and den come back again but dont resign frm modship.
    Please, its an earnest request.
    _/\_

chahe hain kuch b ho jaye, Ritz/Bilawal shudnt be made a Mod again!!
    Dat will be a mockery and slap to d faces of us NG users.

3. Talaash
    Talaash
    March 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It’s high time NG should hav atleast 3-4 moderators..

4. Talaash
    Talaash
    March 31, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Doga Sir would br apt for dis job :D

5. SCHOLES
    SCHOLES
    March 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM

@suprabh :

i agree and same reasons for myself too. But i have a request, i guess we should give some time to Rohit to get a new moderator. What say?

@ rohit- sorry for giving such a short notice, but what do you think would be appropriate time? Would 2 weeks notice be sufficient or say 4 weeks?

6. SCHOLES
    SCHOLES
    March 31, 2012 at 11:24 PM

@ng members :

1. Sorry for failing to my duty of moderating properly since sometime, i sincerely apologise for that, whatever be my reasons. I personally feel i havent been able to focus on NG since a sometime, which shall remain a regret, and thanks Sachin/i. one if he has pointed to it.

2. I hope you get a new moderator, who can devote the time required for this job.

7. Aayush
    Aayush
    March 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I expect a huge brawl in the upcoming weeks & months in NG. The reasons are as follows
    1. Akki movies releasing back to back one after another.
    2. Akki fans are very desperate for a Hit from Akki.
    3. Haters are just waiting to bounce over the movies with huge negativity.
    4. In the next few days NG will full of be negative reviews & comments over HF2 release.
    5. No Khan movies nearby to quench the thirst of the haterz.
    6. I predict a repeat of Ra1 on NG in recent days.

So this is the time for moderators to act strictly. We dont want more gaali galaaj & cursing any more.
    Some of my tips
    1. Dont allow anyone to post more than 5 posts a day.
    2. Dont allow anyone to use a gaali, not even a single gaali in his comment, otherwise he will be banned immediately without any warning.
    3. The ban will be for a limited period of time only.
    4. No gay, chakki, takla etc types of comments or ban will follow immediately without warning.
    5. No personal posts related movie bashing or praising, only copy paste posts for the time being.

I cannot do much but request moderators to do something for the upcoming days on NG or else we will see huge brawls & fights coming up on NG.

8. TERA BAAP
    TERA BAAP
    March 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM

LOL!
    Looks like NG moderator is a thorny crown that no body wants to wear.
    I can volunteer and promise to treat all stars and fans according to what they deserve.
    Some ground rules:
    All posts/comments begin to begin with : Amitabh/Abhishek rule and end with SRK sucks. Big time.
    All AB fans will get twenty warnings before being banned for a month for breaking any guidelines, Aamir fans 10 warnings, Sallu fans five and Akki fans three warnings. SRK fans get one warning before being kicked out forever.
    No use of the word ‘footfalls’. Ever.
    No reference to BoxofficeforIdiots i.e BOI or Komal nahi Nahata

If this is acceptable, I can start today. LOL!
    On a serious note, Suprabh has been wonderful and his moderatorship will be sorely missed. Hope someone else steps up.

9. Aditya007
    Aditya007
    March 31, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@suprabh bro
    Yesh @ayush & @serenzy
    Are saying ri8 ,so plz mod should be strict .
    Nd this time mod. Should be max.3-4 !!!
    Bt plz i think ayush is vry ture , plz allow his instruction which has given below!!!!!

10. Jasp the Wasp
    Jasp the Wasp
    March 31, 2012 at 11:50 PM

The day Tera Baap becomes moderator, that day NG will become a dead and packed up site. Nothing more, nothing less :P

@Aayush

That’s being highly restrictive; in the end we cannot curb the freedoms that much, and if anybody has to follow each and every of those points for God knows how many editors, 5-6 mods won’t be sufficient.

11. Jasp the Wasp
    Jasp the Wasp
    March 31, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Btw only Akki fans will support Aayush as his suggestions are centered almost exclusively on Akki. Akki bashing is minuscle compared to the amount of negative hype a Khan film can get. Sorry but Akki is a lower priority.

12. Aayush
    Aayush
    April 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

@JTW
    I want these rules to operate whenever a big star movie releases. I think we all know what happened during Ra1 release. Tons & tons of negative reviews & bashing even a single negative review was posted by some members 2 to 3 times on the same front page with different headings. So much bashing only leads to waste of time, energy, space on NG frontpage & also lots of fights & brawls. So its high time we should control the amount of bashing on NG. And if it is highly required then we must do that with controlled & calm words. Provocation & use of dirty words will only leads to more fights from other side & vice versa. So we should control star bashing by one way or other.

1. Jasp the Wasp
      Jasp the Wasp
      April 1, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I am afraid I don’t know what happened here during Ra.One because I wasn’t a NG member at that time; i joined NG around December (early). Well, as I pointed out, doing that would require a LOT of moderators, and I don’t think we have enough of moderator-like people on NG.

13. SCHOLES
    SCHOLES
    April 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

@aayush.. i will look into it… dont worry! and u can mail me anytime when u find something offensive

@suprabh : is it april fool by any chance? as in a joke

14. Tango
    Tango
    April 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Rohit- This needs your urgent attention. Rooney is at a very important juncture of his career.

Please evaluate things and appoint a new mod, as NG is really without any moderation for a while, as Sup has rightly pointed out.

15. Aditya007
    Aditya007
    April 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM

time running for akki is bad, so evry hater says about him negative.
    Bt akkki is best for me. Nd others …..ki to wo unka khud ka fvrt.
    Bt anyways.
    Again says that,
    NG should be vry strict .
    So plz solve the prob vry quicklyyyyy….!!!!

16. RJ
    RJ
    April 1, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I think everyone should just moderate themselves. High time we grew up.

17. SCHOLES
    SCHOLES
    April 1, 2012 at 3:23 AM

@all

i have addressed the issue with Rohit.

But as this thing needs time, till then i am continuing, as a caretaker moderator, till appropriate guy is found and given the job.

and as RJ said high time we moderate ourselves.

Regards

ps- Tangoji hope all is well man!! long time! hows u?

18. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 1, 2012 at 3:24 AM

gud job JTW. you forced suprabh into retirement

19. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 1, 2012 at 3:26 AM

good idea RJ. You really need to moderate yourself

20. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM

And suprabh. What took you so long?

21. Tashan
    Tashan
    April 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Suprabh, u did a great job and were an unbiased Mod so thank u for your services and congrats for a successful term but yeah keep visiting NG as a member cos your sarcastic film reviews are more entertaining than most films… as for new mod my choice is doga cos except him and abid bhai most are FANS of a particular star so its for them to be unbiased…and plz ban jasp the wasp for the betterment of NG

22. RJ
    RJ
    April 1, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Aloof, how did you manage?

23. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 1, 2012 at 4:19 AM

RG a penny for each time you transgress

24. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 1, 2012 at 4:20 AM

RJ you can also solve the problem by abusing JTW. It does not count

25. AwesomeAkshay
    AwesomeAkshay
    April 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

@suprabh i dont know much about this so do what u think is best for NG

26. I.One
    I.One
    April 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Sup. I guess its a April fool joke. But even if it isn’t, I wish we have a better moderation. Nothing against you or Rooney bhai but I have been updating Rohit bhai about state of affairs whenever it is required and whenever I felt it is going OTT. Its not new that I have pointed out something only this time, it hass been this way even you became moderator, so I hope you and Rooney will take it in positive spirit.

27. Aayush
    Aayush
    April 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I think banning should be done frequently. Otherwise members should not learn from their mistakes. If a member does a mistake he should be banned immediately without warning. Though the banning will be for short period of time, which itself will be a warning. And then further repeating mistakes will result in a ban for a longer period. There are some people who will never learn from anything, but believe me this process will make lots of new members cool & calm.

28. Tashan
    Tashan
    April 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM

NG has a housefull of fools:D

29. danish
    danish
    April 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

why do we need a moferator at all?

30. sanket porwal
    sanket porwal
    April 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM

may i know why the comments are called off in above post?

31. Nirjhar
    Nirjhar
    April 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Suprabh, don’t quit, take a good break … meanwhile Rohit needs to appoint at least 2 more moderators

32. Fearlesssoul
    Fearlesssoul
    April 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Being a Mod you can enjoy as a normal member too unless you fucking care about what other member is saying or puts a blame on you.

You don’t even need to be Neutral as a Mod, everyone has their fav’s that doesn’t make you partial.

Its not that you always need to say good things or avoid saying stupid things about other actors.

You need not issue warning before banning. If you think it was a necessary step you need not reason it.

Neither you need to scan all the threads everyday for moderation. Right decision at right time can always works in your favor and ya for that you don’t have to spend more than 15 – 30 mins a day.

If somebody is guilty then he can always miss the following day and one need not explain the cause.

Quitting isn’t always the solution. Others can be made mod but you can always retain a senior Mod position. You can step in or become active during server breakdown :P

Like Shetty bhai, you can remain as a Mod and offer your service whenever required :P

33. rks
    rks
    April 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

It is not an easy job when bunch of people are behaving like kids. After sometime you just realize futility of your effort. IMO anyone who is selected should have bunch of enthusiasm for the job :)

34. Aloof
    Aloof
    April 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

@rks
    i recommend JTW as Mod. All the things you mentioned he is overflowing with. Uss ke andar ka Mod bahir aanay ko bechain hai.
    On a side note, when is mango season?

35. Tango
    Tango
    April 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

rks- I fail to understand why we have to know who the mod is!

Rohit should just a pick a member, who he think is the best/neutral and assign him/her the job. He/she can just do the job, without issuing warnings, I mean edit/remove comments that are objectionable.

Members can address any issues to the “mod”.

36. RJ
    RJ
    April 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Lol. Looks like Tango is really inspired by the way Big Boss works! :D

“Mod chahte hain ke Tango akshay kumar ki picture ki taareef na karein” ;)

37. Tango
    Tango
    April 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

:lol:

RJ- Ek baar aisa bhi to kar ke dekhna chahiye that we do not know, coz I have seen that even the most gentle and neutral guy (like RKS) was called a fan and biased.