Yash Chopra to bring snow back in romance

LINK

He made Swiss Alps the most wanted honeymoon destination for newly wedded couples in India. The sub-zero temperature notwithstanding, for Yash Chopra films, snow clad mountains became the perfect backdrop for romance. Be it Amitabh Bachchan and Rakhee Gulzar snuggling in a shawl in Kabhie Kabhi or Amitabh and Rekha holding hands and singing Dekha Ek Khwab in Silsila, Yash Chopra, snow and romance have been inseparable. And iconic. And now, the filmmaker who is returning to direction with the yet untitled Shah Rukh Khan – Katrina Kaif starrer after 8 years, is keen on bringing back the same white romance in his upcoming venture. Mumbai Mirror has learnt that Yash Chopra is busy location hunting. And this time, he wants his favourite snow clad mountains back.

The filmmaker confirmed that he wants a part of the film to be shot in a snow clad region. “It is being planned,” said Chopra.

Mirror learnt that the production house is busy hunting the perfect locale for the film.

Apart from snow clad mountains, the SRK-Katrina starrer will also be shot in several other foreign locales. In fact, for the next schedule, the entire cast and crew of the film will be traveling to London next month.

Talking about his favourite hero SRK and the progress of the film, Chopra added, “Shah Rukh is such a lovely boy. It is always fun shooting with him. We have finished shooting a song here (in Mumbai). Now, we will be going to London next month. After we return, we will be shooting in India for a while. The team is still busy location hunting. Everything will be finalised by the time we come back.”

Interestingly, SRK too has romanced various heroines on snow clad mountains for the filmmaker. In YRF’s Darr, he sang Tu Mere Saamne for Juhi Chawla on a snow clad peak. In Diwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, SRK was subjected to Kajol’s drunken passion in the song Zaraa Sa Jhoom Loon Main. And that too was on a snow clad vale.

1. RJ
    RJ
    January 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

aaaaaaaaakkkkkkk……thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Snow makes me sneeze!

2. RJ
    RJ
    January 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Phoenix – Maybe I really dont. Like how you would probably cringe and squirm watching Salman enact his stupidity, I feel just the same with these YRF-Adi-SRK movies.

I do not hate romance, but I hate Yash-Adi Chopra’s idea of it. I know I am in the minority. But what the heck, you will find a lot of people today who will share my sentiment! Maybe 5-10 years back I was ahead of my times, today people have leaped forward.

3. Bilawal
    Bilawal
    January 31, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Yash Chopra’s expiry date as director is over long back.
    Adiya Chopra should make more movies – loved his RNBDJ and ofcourse DDLJ. He is more tuned into audience and makes sensible romances compared to YC and KJo.
    Though I prefer Pehli as most romantic movie of SRK.

4. Bilawal
    Bilawal
    January 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Paheli*

5. Rosh
    Rosh
    January 31, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Cliched as ever .. Arghh God, kill me before this releases. RJ, totally get how you feel

6. RJ
    RJ
    January 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh yeah Suprabh, I do not think we are talking of a Deewaar or a Trishul or kabhie Kabhie here! That YC is not the same guy when you watch a VZ/DTPH.

7. dwnpiyush
    dwnpiyush
    January 31, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Looking forward to this one. I think it might be the last directorial movie of Yash Chopra’s career as he has slowed down considerably taking years to movie from one project to another.

I for one really liked Veer Zaara, and don’t mind Dil toh Pagal Hai either.

8. Kunal
    Kunal
    January 31, 2012 at 8:56 PM

His best romantic mvie is stll lamhe.. my personal fav romantic mvie… however his two romances with srk were crap… anyone here watches wrestlng: o ?

9. RedDevil
    RedDevil
    January 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Opinion differs and eveyone of us are entitled to have our own opinion .. Some might feel romantic movies r better thn mindless masala movies wid a standard formula of Hero entry, fight, songs and wid regular masala movie gory .. Nevertheless Yash chopra has given some good films before .. Lets wait till d film completes or atleast till d trailer comes up .. Even before that haters starting wid aaaaaaaaakkkkkkk……thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu & cheee thuuuu sounds & being ahead of others .. People might b far superior with super intelligence skills .. But still there are people who watch crap candy floss luv stories giv them a chance to enjoy atleast :D

10. freezone
    freezone
    January 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Veerzara bored me to the hell. But it has been a while since Bollywood got an old style romantic flick. I think this is gonna work big time.
    SRK is more suited for such roles.

11. RJ
    RJ
    January 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Red Devil – Dont be dumb man. I know you wanna play the victim card with the issues surrounding SRK, but my aaaak…thuu was for the title. I do not have anything against the film and in fact I have said, if you can check archives, that this movie might probably be the highest grosser this year. Bas ek comment dekha aur bana diya hater.

12. Prashant
    Prashant
    January 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Vees zara ws gud especially Punjabi part

13. rockie_c83
    rockie_c83
    January 31, 2012 at 10:43 PM

oooh snow ….. budhape mei jawani …

yash chopra’s idea of romance is very out dated …
    VZ was pure boredom …. only saving grace was its music …

1. suprabh
      suprabh
      January 31, 2012 at 10:46 PM

rockie, yeah I agree

VZ’s music was really good.

14. RedDevil
    RedDevil
    January 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM

RJ – Anyways, thanks for clarifying that .. well I have not termed you alone as a hater .. Infact I was saying that in general who alwaz ready to say something abt SRK and his films and people who would b ready to drag his personal life in this forum ..

15. RJ
    RJ
    February 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Red Devil – Just dont jump to conclusions. I know SRK is facing the heat, so you (SRK fans in general) are bound to react at the slightest negative remark, whether its him or not in the topic of discussion.

16. Shaan
    Shaan
    February 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I like film Silsila,specially songs of the film and Amitabh and Rekha romance.

17. Jasp the Wasp
    Jasp the Wasp
    February 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

@RJ

“this movie might probably be the highest grosser this year.”

I can’t believe that YOU said this. YOU!

“SRK is facing the heat”

For what? The so-called “twin failures” (one of which is an obvious big hit that only haters are denying)? Or that silly 12-hour publicity stunt involving SRK, the guy slapped by SRK and Sanjay?

18. Tashan
    Tashan
    February 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I liked kaala pathar the most

19. ady_koolz
    ady_koolz
    February 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Yash chopra should not made another veer zaara…It was yawn inducing movie full of srk and preity overacting …If he makes a movie like DTPH , it will surely be a big hit…