The upcoming Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor-Rani Mukerji starrer Talaash is already creating a lot of buzz even though its release is around 4 months away, very little is known about its story, even its official poster or trailer are yet to come. Here’re some lists of most awaited films/things to watch out for in 2012 in which Talaash has emerged on top:
- Survey from 15 top trade and industry experts of the country, as conducted by Hindustan Times:
Aamir Khan’s Talaash emerged as #1 most awaited film of 2012 with a total of 26 points, ahead of Salman’s Ek Tha Tiger (20 points), SRK-YRF film (19 points).
– HT Brunch article on things to watch out for in 2012: Talaash is listed first in movies to watch out for in 2012:
Though there’s no ranking as such, but Talaash is the first film mentioned in HT Brunch article on things to look out for in 2012. Here’s what they wrote for Talaash:
Talaash: Anything Aamir Khan touches turns to gold. His Midas touch even made an irreverent film like Delhi Belly or an art film like Dhobi Ghat success stories. Of course, Talaash is neither irreverent cinema nor is it close to art cinema which makes the excitement level go several notches higher. Reema Kagti, who had directed Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., is making this film written by her jointly with Zoya Akhtar.
– Addatoday.com list of Potential Biggest Money-spinners of Bollywood in 2012: Talaash & Ek Tha Tiger are jointly at #1:
1. Ek Tha Tiger – ”After the super success of Wanted, Dabangg, Ready & Bodyguard, Superstar Salman Khan is back with Ek Tha Tiger (ETT). Salman Khan is all set to make it 5 in a row with his first Yash Raj venture. ETT also stars Katrina Kaif in lead role. ETT has lots of plusses to be the most anticipated movie of the year 2012.”
1. Talaash – ”Sole reason for this movie to be at the top jointly with Ek Tha Tiger for being the most anticipated movie of the year is one and only Mr. Aamir Khan. It is been 2 and half years since the release of 3 Idiots, and that much time Aamir Khan has done any full fledged role. Lifetime Collection Record set by 3 Idiots is still not touched. Farhan Akhtar being at the helm of production and Reema Kagti being the director, this movie will definitely set new standards for the Box Office Business unless something goes wrong extremely. ”
Complete article here – http://www.addatoday.com/2012/01/biggest-film-of-2012-which-will-be.html
– The Hindu Business Line’s Bollywood Watchlist for 2012:
They haven’t assigned any particular rankings, but have mentioned Talaash first in their article. Their two cents on Talaash:
”Reema Kagti’s Talaash, starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji, has a solid cast, a good thriller is always value for money, and if Aamir Khan likes the script, who are we to argue with him on current form? The director, whose first film was the enjoyable Honeymoon Travels, has impressive credits; she’s been part of the units of Lakshya, Dil Chahta Hai and Lagaan. Everything seems to be in place; this may not be a great film but should be a good one.”
– Koimoi.com article on Bollywood films to watch in 2012
No rankings assigned in particular, but article begins with Talaash and commentary on Aamir Khan’s Midas Touch!
Other examples of the curiosity and wait for Talaash:
– Fans have been making fake posters of Talaash (Reema Kagti’s next) ever since the film was first announced in late 2010. Facebook pages are full of fan-made posters of Talaash (even when it was just known as ”Reema Kagti’s Next” or was later rumoured to be titled ”Dhuan”/”Act of Murder”/”Act of Prostitution”/”Zakhmi”!).
In recent months, 3 fake posters of Talaash have been all over the internet. Even media writes about it – ”Unable to resist themselves, fans have taken it on themselves and created quite a few interesting posters of the film. Too bad Farhan Akhtar had to take to Twitter to ensure that the real poster wasn’t out yet, “Also please beware of a fake ‘Talaash’ poster doing the rounds…. it is not the official first look. That is still to happen.” [http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/talaash-poster-bipasha-basu-s-leggy-promotions-tweet-diary/ ]
One fan-made poster even went viral on the internet as ”first look of Talaash”, even TV channels and print media picked it up in a big way, so much so that the film’s makers had to clarify that it was fake! [ http://www.emirates247.com/bollywood/buzz/bollywood-buzz-why-sunny-is-an-adult-star-2011-12-11-1.432165 ]
– In BollywoodHungama’s poll for Most Awaited Films of 2011, Talaash (Reema Kagti’s next) came at #4 (overall as well as in Top movies in UK & US too), even as it had NO title, its shooting had NOT YET begun, Aamir Khan had had NO release as actor that year and it was NOT even confirmed to release in 2011! – http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/moviemicro/features/type/view/id/1817
[When this poll happened, the film had just been announced & only its three main leads had been confirmed. Nothing else was known about the film!]
– Early in January this year, when Mona Kapoor (CEO of Future Studios) tweeted to Farhan Akhtar about the ”fab” Talaash poster which she claimed to have seen in latest issue of Screen Weekly, she got loads of new followers within seconds – with everyone asking her to upload a pic of the poster. She herself expressed surprise at getting so many new followers all of a sudden – https://twitter.com/#!/monakapoor3/status/157537013434818561
(Eventually the poster turned out to be another one of fan-made posters picked up by Screen)
Currently, as I write this post, Talaash is:
– #4 on IMDb list of Most Popular Titles related to keyword ”prostitute” with country of origin India – http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=in&keywords=prostitute&sort=moviemeter,asc
– #9 on IMDb list of Most Popular Titles related to keyword ”murder” with country of origin India – http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=in&keywords=murder&sort=moviemeter,asc (It was at #7, 2 days ago)
– #12 on IMDb list of Most Popular Titles related to keyword ”Crime” with country of Origin India – http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=in&genres=crime&sort=moviemeter,asc
– #7 in IMDb list of Most Popular Titles related to keyword ”Police Officer” with Country of Origin India – http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=in&keywords=police-officer&sort=moviemeter,asc
[IMDb rankings keep changing, so I’m writing only what I’ve seen as of now, at this moment. The rankings might change anytime, so it’s possible later, some of you might see rankings contrary to what I’ve written in this post.]
All this – without any official poster, promos or any other official publicity for the film and all the constant delays & ”tight-lippedness” from team of Talaash on the film till now!
P.S. – On Facebook also, there are hundreds of fan pages already on Talaash, Dhuan, Zakhmi, Reema Kagti’s next, Aamir’s/Rani’s/Kareena’s untitled next/Act of Murder etc., each. People have been making pages since the day this film was announced & for all probable names it was referred to in media!