Desi Boyz My Views
1.Its nothing like Garam Masala. Its a Dramedy. First half goes ok, but comedy is less or underplayed.People looking for big laughs every few seconds will be disappointed. In the whole movie, audience(7 people) laughed like total of 10-12 times.(low for a comedy….). Can be classified under light hearted comedy etc.
2.Masala Quotient is close to Zero.Have no idea how Single Screens will react, but they wont find great things for themselves.
3.Point to the interval and 30 mins after that are fine too with some good laugh moments, but last 2 sequences of finishing the movie are somewhat a drag. There is lack of urgency and predictability in last quarter of the movie….
4. I havent seen 9 out of 10 last Akki movies(only Housefull i saw which i liked), but in most of those OTT and Loud(sometimes offensive)comedy was the constant complaint, those people wont find that complaint here…
5. Visual are great and Songs are very good. Thats major attraction points. It just looks like a big Multiplex movie, the presentation is Grand.
I cant do critical analsyis of movies nor am i good BO predictor.I see so few movies that my judgement can be rusty. Some of the movies i didn’t like that much did big business(IHLS,Race,SIK,Dabangg etc) and i liked Anjaana Anjaani which flopped.
I hope the movie is a success, as otherwise Akki will get great bashing again, but i doubt the movie will be the Hit he is looking for. By Hit business i mean a Nett of 80+ cr etc.
Just giving some spoilers to confirm i indeed saw the movie:
Leave Page…(though its no mystery etc)
1. Akshay has a nephew whose mother and father have died, the last sequence is the court case for his custody only…
2. Akshay goes back to school after 12 years…
3. The Male Escort part ends in the first half only… Akshay goes to school and John tries to get Deepika back,in the second half.
End of Spoilers.
When i saw Housefull i was alone in the whole theatre, for Desi Boyz also i was alone in theatre, until a group of 5 Middle Aged Women and the Owner of the Theatre joined me.
I should add that i saw it in USA and early evening Friday shows have low attendance only.
Also Akki was good in some emotional scenes he got to do.