1. sputnik said:

@ritz,

“Let Rahman first pronounce HINDI words properly – then he can try his hand at sanskrit.”

LOL

“Crap song.”

Agree.

“After Raping “Vande Mataram” Rahaman rapes “Satyameva Jayate” now.

Whats next?”

Jana Gana Mana??

2. suprabh said:

I did not like this Coco jumbo version of Satyamev Jayate..Not worth a second listen at all…

however I totally disagree with Ritz and Sputnik regarding this statement

“After Raping “Vande Mataram” Rahaman rapes “Satyameva Jayate” now.”

I think he did a rather good job with his rendition of Vande Mataram

3. smilesandlaffs said:

After Raping “Vande Mataram” Rahaman rapes “Satyameva Jayate” now. Whats next?” – G(abru ja)O.one

Next in line Ye mere watan ke logon to be r(e)aped.

4. utkal said:

Rahman has not only created a classiv version of Vande Mataram as well as a powerhouse adaptation called Maa Tujhe Salam but also a stunning version of Jana Gana Mana using musicians like Hariprasad Chaurasia, Vikku Vinayk Ram, Shivkumar and Rahul Sharma and many more stalwarts.

It is a pity we don’t recognize our own geniuses until they are dead and gone. No wonder it is the vaildation from the West that counts ( eg Satyajit Ray, Ravi Shankar, Shekhar Kapoor and now Rahman. )

5. kushal said:

Looking at the comments above, I can only say GROW UP, MAN! I am not saying that this is a terrific composition, but, certainly, the variety of sounds and instruments used in this song, is extremely credible. This is certainly a much better song than ‘Jai Ho’ in my opinion, and certainly, more than a one time listen. Try to appreciate something new and innovative, instead of pulling it down. The kind of grasp this man has on music, no music director in recent times in India has that. He is trying to make Indian music international with Superheavy, is there anything wrong in encouraging this man on?

6. G(abru ja)O.one said:

@Kushal

“Try to appreciate something new and innovative, instead of pulling it down.”

I am sorry I cant do that for some shit being served to me. Sorry I am harsh – but it is what it is.

“The kind of grasp this man has on music, no music director in recent times in India has that. ”

Disagree totoally – this man does not have great sense of music at all.
    The most promising in recent times can be Vishab Bharadwaj.

“He is trying to make Indian music international with Superheavy, is there anything wrong in encouraging this man on?

Indian music is Indian. Wstern music is western. There is nothing like international.

7. rockie_c83 said:

@Gabru: “this man does not have great sense of music at all.”

Yes Ram Sampath has gr8 sense of music…. with BoseDK.

What man?? Do you knw whom are you talking about?

He is A . R Rehman. He is a WORLD RENOWNED music composer.
    He has taken India’s name to unseen HEIGHTS.

And is it necessary to have mastery on Hindi to give music for Hindi songs.

—-
    Looks like after acting Aamir fans have also done PHD in music.

8. RJ said:

Utkal, loved your first comment. Raping Vande Mataram? Like are you even fucking in your senses when you say that? Or have you just recovered from being a victim of physical abuse to know how it feels…Ridiculous comment, it’s true we can’t appreciate our living greats, you don’t need to admire or idolize but to say Rehman is crap..I wonder if you are crapping from your fingers when you type this..!

I know it’s your opinion yeah.. It’s a free country n you hv the right to crap what you want and how you want, all that jazz I know is gonna follow. I’m sure these are the ones that will say shammi kapoor is an OTT actor when he’s alive but bless his soul and call him the greatest actor ever when he’s dead.

9. smilesandlaffs said:

RJ, no one can call Shammi Kapoor the greatest actor. But one can always call him an endearing and interesting actor who made songs come alive like no one else.

As for Rahman, he gave some good songs and some bad songs. But when he tries to meddle with patriotic songs, I feel like shouting Stop it.

But he will carry on with this crap as he has his blind followers.

10. shilac said:

Rehman’s version of Vande mataram rocks! And guys, give him some respect even if you don’t like his music.
    I think he is losing some of his spark nowadays.

11. Dj said:

Aajkal ritz aur mere vichar kafi mil rahe hain. But i disagree on one point. Rehman’s Maa tujhe salaam gives me goosebumps whenever i listen it. But agree that it is vishal bhardwaj not rehman who has varity in music. One more thing not only rehman but S-E-L are also loosing thier shine.