No SRK, Karan wants Salman!

The last time Salman Khan worked on a Dharma Productions’ film was in the college love saga Kuch Kuch Hota Hai way back in 1998.

After thirteen years, a bad fight with Dharma loyalist Shah Rukh and a couple of comeback hits Wanted and Dabangg, the original bad boy of Bollywood seems to have got a second chance with Karan Johar’s production house.

The ice probably broke when KJo asked Salman to be a part of his talk show. The actor agreed to do so for a price, they had to make a donation to his foundation. Though the filmmaker denied paying up for a celebrity on his show back then, he approached the Khan for the next Dharma venture to be directed by Rensil D’Silva.

Considering KJo’s association with his favourite Shah Rukh and Salman’s disassociation with the King Khan, this piece of news should have been surprising. However, with the filmmaker stretching his professional interests beyond his favourite Khan with Varun Dhawan starring in his next directorial venture Student Of The Year, the filmmaker approaching the other Khan becomes understandable.

According to a source, “After Kurbaan, Rensil is directing a fantasy-action caper on the lines of Ocean’s Eleven. When Karan Johar heard the script, he absolutely fell in love with it. Both Karan and Rensil felt Salman was perfect for the main part.”

However, even after repeated attempts, Rensil D’Silva remained unavailable for comment.

Link-//timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/No-SRK-Karan-wants-Salman/articleshow/8097273.cms

1. Rosh
    Rosh
    April 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

2. MKS
    MKS
    April 29, 2011 at 5:39 PM

@Rosh

For me salman is the best.
    If praising him is like bashing other actor then i will continue to do so.
    This is my right on NG.
    Kyun bhai log…:)
    Cheers to all salman fans

3. RAJ
    RAJ
    April 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM

“”””@MKS, in this forum, you are not allowed to praise anyone other than SRK. If you do, you need to include SRK in every praise as well or SRK fans will think by praising some other star you are automatically bashing SRK,”””

Wrong…praising doesn’t mean creating wrong hyperboles….Anyway..I am out of this discussion….

4. Rosh
    Rosh
    April 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Lol, see the irony :D

5. ranju
    ranju
    April 29, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Most Srk-haters are more obsessed on srk than his fans.

6. Rosh
    Rosh
    April 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM

@Ranju,
    No one is hating on SRK here, all the Salman fans gave SRK credit for what he has achieved.

Rockie: nfact Kandy Jo aur YRF ka poora DHANDA … SRK ke wajah se hi chalta hai …. warna kaun dekhta hai inki movies??

Naveed: The same applies to every superstar or every individual.

Me: SRK needs no one as well. He will still be the superstar he is without Yash Chopra or KJo.

Me: The same applies for SRK and Aamir.

So please explain, why call me or anyone else here an SRK hater?

7. Ali
    Ali
    April 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Rosh,
    Caution to you (Though you’ve already ‘Clarified’ your position but still this is for general Info)
    Friends,
    NG is fully Democratic forum and every Member has full freedom to expresss their views in a Logical and Debatable manner.
    Now,
    Saying that only SRK discussion is promoted here, is completely wrong.
    NG is for discussion of Movies and Box Office whether they are Regional, Hindi Movies or Hollywood Movies or Movies from any other countries.
    So,
    Above statement of Rosh send a wrong and bad impression of NG amongst its Member and Visitors.
    Actually it Hurts and indeed its really sad to see comments like these against NG.

8. suprabh
    suprabh
    April 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM

@Ali bhai

Rosh was being Sarcastic…

9. Ihab
    Ihab
    April 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Why is that whenever a director (who always worked with SRK and close friends with him) turns to a different actor, certain fans are damn -ve about it..

Milind – “Yaeh Salman should work in an Anurag kashyap movie and fuck some Mahie Gill in a ‘chane’ or ‘sarson’ ke khet mein… tab jaake kuch logon kpo yahaan film masterclass lagegi.”

Whats your problem? I am not a fan of Dev D but I have always seen you bash Dev D all the time because “the leads fk in open field! How disgusting!”. Thats the major complain you have against Dev D all the time?

10. Ali
    Ali
    April 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Sup bro,
    If he was sarcastic then its ok.
    Also,
    One Good news to all Members,
    Comment Editor Tab function is now working properly.
    Thanx to Rohit Bhai and our Tech Mods.

11. suprabh
    suprabh
    April 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Ihab

He was not bashing Dev.D as much as commenting towards people like me (in this case especially me–which he mentioned in the other thread) who appreciate a Dev D but not Kjo cinema or candy floss cinema…If I am wrong he can clarify.

12. suprabh
    suprabh
    April 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM

@ali bhai

I don’t think its working..Rohit told me he was working on the new plug ins..Right I tried it,,its not working for me..

13. Rosh
    Rosh
    April 30, 2011 at 12:25 AM

@Ali, no I didnt clarify my position. I answered back to those who made baseless allegations against me.

“Actually it Hurts and indeed its really sad to see comments like these against NG”

The comment wasn’t against NG, it was a sarcastic comment against some SRK fans here.

I know NG is democratic, so then why this –

“Rosh, Caution to you”

Did I abuse anyone? Did I call anyone any names? Did I not justify my comments/opinions with valid reasons?

Ali, I find your warnings completely unjustified (and this is not the first time) so please don’t bother warning next time, ban me directly if you please.

14. Rex
    Rex
    April 30, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Alibhai the comment editor is still in a hopeless state….plzz fix it :(

15. Old Bash
    Old Bash
    April 30, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Actually its true… Salman doesn’t need a director. He needs someone to direct others in his movie… he can direct himself… be himself … and yet be the rockstar to his fans …

Ihab,

Only SRK hater will say Karan is doing politics and promoting SRK in a show like KWK. Some fanatic fans of SRK (who are bigger threat than the haters) love KJo, because he always has sweet things to say …. or he brings juicy gossip and information about their favorite actor …

IMO, Karan is like a leech sucking on SRK’s stardom. He dumped Abhishek Bachchan – his oldest childhood friend and went on to Hrithik – more sale-able oldest childhood friend for Agneepath remake. He will do the same once he has no need for SRK. Even then, he will maintain the false statements, ‘SRK is like a brother, father. … he is like family, part of my emotional support system .. ” blah blah nonsense…

Wish SRK doesn’t believe in sugar coated words of people like Karan and Farah who said she will never work with anyone other than SRK, even Yash Chopra who keeps saying “SRK is YRF’s ghar ka hero”….

I saw this Sajid Khan’s Superstar show… When Farah and Karan had come to the show, Sajid had a quiz on SRK .. with questions mostly about his 90s movies… Both didn’t know anything… failed simple questions … Looking at their body language, it was almost like they were hinting, “SRK is nothing without them” … Being a liker of SRK in 90s… that upset me.

I heard that Aamir didn’t support his brother’s ventures which he didn’t believe in or doesn’t blindly support his closest friend’s films just for the sake of friendship… That is really an admirable quality.

Even Salman Khan has wasted his career acting in films for the sake of friendship … Wish both these actors realize their fans are the ones who made them what they are … and responsibly choose scripts…

16. RAJ
    RAJ
    April 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

“”””Wish both these actors realize their fans are the ones who made them what they are … and responsibly choose scripts”””

Bash..Agree 100 pct…

“””I don’t think milind meant that at all … I don’t think most of the SRK fans here want him to work with KJo. Good riddance to SRK, if KJo wants to direct someone else..”””

Exactly the same feelings..I feel what Milind is opposing is the “hypocrisy” in certain members not as much defending KJo there…

17. Arise_Awake
    Arise_Awake
    April 30, 2011 at 4:47 AM

For salman fan’s :

Show me Aamir’s contract says Salman Khan

Even though Salman Khan agreed to work with Aditya Chopra for Kabir Khan’s film, the actor who is childlike and straight-forward is sceptical of working with people outside his own comfort zone.

In other words, Salman is happier working with family and close friends because then he doesn’t have to bother with things like remuneration and other details. His family (read: dad Salim Khan) protects him.

A source says, “However when it came to drawing up a contract for Adi’s film (read: SRK’s buddy), bhai was hesitant. He allegedly requested his manager to get him a copy of Aamir Khan’s Dhoom-3 contract with the Chopras. Aamir’s contract then became the template for bhai with some minor changes like the actual remuneration figure, release date etc.”

Salman and Aamir are very close. They do confer with one another on several personal and professional issues. Neither of the two superstars is comfortable talking about their relationship, however one gets the feeling that they “lookout” for each other.

18. moviefreak
    moviefreak
    April 30, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Contract details are private business, so we can never know if these ‘sources’ are right or not. Why would aamir disclose his contract to be a template for anyone, even if he is a good friend? the reason mentioned over the years for salman not working with yrf (and this could also be false) had been that they expected him to work for them for less than his market price as it is a privilege, while his reasoning was that if he has to reduce his price, he will do it for smaller producers who may have trouble with finances and not for big shots.

19. Old Bash
    Old Bash
    April 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM

YRF seems to be using different standards for different actors …

20. Ali
    Ali
    April 30, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Rosh,
    As long as you are within limits I won’t do anything.

21. Ali
    Ali
    April 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Guys Comment Editor is working fine on my Nokia N8.
    Also,
    Time Stamp is not showing up in Desktop Version but appearing in Mobile Version.

22. Ali
    Ali
    April 30, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Yeah its not Working on Laptop.
    But if you Open NG Desktop Version on your Mobile and then make a comment and then try to Edit it then it will work fine and you will get 3 Minutes and 30 seconds to Edit your comment.
    Looks like some Pluggin Problem.
    Will mail Rohit Bhai regarding this.
    Also,
    Sup Bro, RKS Bhai or Ritzu if you get in touch with Rohit Bhai then plz let him know abt it.

23. RJ
    RJ
    April 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM

“No SRK, Karan wants Salman” – Lol. No offence to KJo fans, but I couldnt help reading in between the lines ;)

Koi BHAI ko bachaoooo!!!