Box Office: Week 10-10-09

Wake Up Sid performed quite well in metros like Delhi and Mumbai. With limited release, movie has good collections of about 15.5 Cr in week one.

David Dhawan’s and Govinda’s Do Knot Disturb did average business in week one. Movie has collected 14.5 Cr in its first week.

Collections of Wanted fell by more than 65% in 3rd week, may be due to new releases. It has added another 6 crore in its tally to take total collections to 57 Cr.

Dil bole Hadippa’s run on Box office is almost over in its 4th week  itself. Movie has managed to collect only 70 lakhs in previous week.

Weekly collection Table

1. Tango said:

Thanks Rudresh.

Great estimation. I think this week we will be very near and in many cases similar to each other.

Obviously, the more data you have the more accurate your method gets.

2. Doga said:

Yes Rud, Wanted has been a big success.

The opening was quite solid and trending has been commendable.

My Prediction was 34-36 cr opening and 60-65 cr final.

And i beat my chest that i was right, lol.

3. Tango said:

I have had the fortune of tasting it once in Chandigarh, and trust me it beats the overhyped Kashmir delicious hands down. Unfortunately, due to the fact that they are unable to send it to the wholesale market in time.

I have also heard that (in Shimla) this time that due to its high quality, most of it is sold of as ‘Kashmir apple’, due to its late arrival.

4. Tango said:

Doga yeah that is (60-62 crore) likely to be the end total for Wanted. But that is more than I had expected coz given the genre I had expected it to end at around 55 crore.

5. Tango said:

HP govt. must think in terms developing Kinnar and in particular Sangala valley plus Renuka ji and its surroundings.

They must think beyond Shimla, Dharmshala and Kullu-Manali.

6. Tango said:

Very true it has this golden yellow colour and your fingers literally stick in the juice.

It is plucked around these days, but unfortunately, due to the poor road network most of it never gets out.