BOI has come up with new opening week figures and Net totals for many movies in these two revamped pages:
Some interesting observations:
1. I have long pointed out that Krrish did much more business than LRM. The new BOI numbers are 73.47 cr Net for Krrish and 72.2 cr for LRM.
2. The new totals of Welcome’s 70.75 cr net and SIK’s 68.48 cr make more sense than the obviously over reported ones.
3. Fanaa’s 54.79 cr does makes more sense than the prev 53 cr. So does TZP’s 62 cr than the prev 61 cr.
4. They have at last accepted that Krrish opening (29.87 cr) was bigger than KANK’s (28.49).
5. The toned down opening week totals od D2, Race, Welcome, GR, OSO, SIK, RNBDJ all make more sense.
6. They have corrected the verdict on KMG from Superhit to Blockbuster.
Does this mean BOI has turned a new leaf and are now non-biased and honest?
Not much when it comes to SRK! Consider these:
1. OSO did 79.42 cr Net with 40.15 cr distributor share … but D2 did 77.86 cr Net but with distributor share 44.87 cr? … the OSO Net is more likely to be 69. 42 cr.
2. The new Chak De India total is 67.69 cr! Thats an (intentional??) increase 3.7 cr over their prev total of 63.98 cr.
3. Similarly Don has been increased to 51.43 cr from a 50 cr figure (which itself was over reported).
4. In the list of record openers, they still list KANK … but their new figures says KANK did not set any opening record at its time (which had been very obvious all this time).
5. The producer totals for RNBDJ’s opening has been accepted but not for JA.
JA figures have suddenly decreased to a 22.34 cr opening week and a Net total 59 cr … both under-reported (why? to make RNBDJ look bigger????) … but they have corrected the verdict on JA and Race from Superhit to Hit … which obviously are the correct ones.
Without the above hiccups … BOI is showing some improvement … but there is still quite some room for improvement too.
All the Best BOI … a bit more honesty and it can be THE site instead of one of those.