2007 Bollywood Power List

Here in my opinion is what it should be…

1) Aditya Chopra \ YRF — Despite couple of setbacks from TRRP an JBJ, Aditya Chopra is still considered the most powerful man in bollywood. Let’s see if CDI does the trick. Everyone is waiting for him to announce his own movie.

2) Sooraj Barjatya —- Back with a big bang with Vivah when no one gave him a chance. Rajshri has the best dist. network in India. Let’s see what they do next.

3) Hrithik Roshan \ Rakesh Roshan —— the most potent actor \ director combo in bollywood right now. No one is even close. You can write Krrish 2 as a blockbuster today.

4) SRK \ Dharma —— The second most potent combo. Even after the ‘disappointment’ of KANK, SRK and Karan Johar are still a force to be reckon with. Throw in Kajol for their next project and a super duper hit is almost a guarantee.

5) Aamir Khan ——- RDB and Fanaa have taken him to new heights and Ghajini’s reamke due next year has blockbuster written all over it.

6) UTV —— Though DON worked at the box office, they need a Krrish \ D2 like movie to seriously threaten YRF.

7) Akshay Kumar —— Constant string of hits was disturbed by HKDKG but he has become extremely reliable. BB should be huge.

8. Salman Khan —— left for dead until Partner put him back in the mix. Any project with David Dhawan looks to be safe right now.

9) Abishekh Bachchan ——- GURU worked in a big way but JBJ was a big setback. Drona will be a big test

10) Saif Ali Khan ———– gave the performance of a lifetime in Omkara. TRRP made money but it should have been much bigger.

1. Sid said:

I think ABjr and ABsr should be togather like Roshans. Infact with Ash in too. they really become more powerfull.

2. jeegs253 said:

akshay dont think bhool bhulaiya will be big it clashes with jodha akbar and laga chunri mein daag . it may suffer like jem unless it chages its release date

3. JustaFan said:

Bachchan cannot be part of any such list now. He is beyond that. Also, Big B, Junior B, and Aish have not really done any movie together so they cannot be on a power list. Let’s see how Sarkar 2 does before we put them on any list.

4. akshay shah said:

Jeegs: I didn’t know BHOOL BHULAIYA Is clashing with J-A??!!!LCMD is a female oriented film, WOM may ensure it makes money, but I don’t think this is a “BIG” film by any means and if it clashes with J-A it will get trampled. Last I heard Aditya Chopra is making chanegs to this one fast to make it more “audience friendly” as the current version by Pradeep Sarkar is very dark and “UNyashraj” like which is a huge pity IMO.

BHOOL BHULAIYA I think will hold it’s own, though if it releases with J-A it won’t get to Akshays usual 40 crores. Remember Akshay Kumar had a solid HIT with AITRAAZ even when VEER ZAARA and NAACH released on the same day. Plus the two films are POLES apart, ones a masala entertainer with dollops of comedy and a horror/thriller angle. The other is a serious period film.

5. akshay shah said:

Also if CASH and GANDHI MY FATHER fail to set the counters jingling, HEYY BABYY will be the next big hit after CDI(assuming this one is gonna click big). PARTNER is an easy 50 crore+ grosser.

6. JustaFan said:

I think HEY BABY will be really big. This might turn out to be Akshay’s year more than anyone else when all is said and done.

7. akshay shah said:

Justafan: this is a “power” list and IMO Bachchan can be part of such a list. I agree that Amitabh is beyond all lists etc, but he is still a force to reckon with given he’s associated with the most prestigious projects and is still churning out SOLO hits;)!BTW I still feel if Bachchan had taken more care with the roles he’d signed, he’d be a “superstar” in the absolute sense. Films like KHAKEE, BLACK, and CHEENI KUM should be the rule NOT the exception.

8. akshay shah said:

Justafan: Akshay at the tail end of last year delivered a 43 crore “disapointment” so the expectations are high for him now onwards. NAMASTEY LONDON released dead in the middle of the WC(though India losing helped the film) and given that the Akshay/Katrina jodi in a romantic genre had delivered a flop before, there was a lot of skepticism about the film, but it’s still one of the years biggest hits. Agree on HEYY BABYY, this one is look really good. Wasn’t hyped at first, but the music rocks and that baby is too cute:)

If not there is WELCOME, BHOOL BHULAIYA, Nikhil Advani’s NEXT, Shaad Ali’s NEXT and ofcourse TASHAN!

9. jeegs253 said:

Akshay if gives big hits with welcome,hey baby , Bhool Bhulaiya he would def. be on top this year unless srk has biggies with CDI and OSO .

10. akshay shah said:

Agree, Akshay might figure in the top 3 if ALL or atleast 2 of these movies work. As for SRK, I think CDI and OSO are a given:-). I expect CDI to be in the 40-45 range minimum, and OSO to be 50+!!

11. bollywhiz said:

Somehow I get the feeling Hey Baby is not going to click, Partner looks to be headed north of 60 crores if BOI’s estimate is correct

12. bollywhiz said:

AS: I am an Akshay Kumar fan too but I am wary of Sajid Khan’s direction…if it is as bad as his acting :(

13. akshay shah said:

YEa totally agree on that bollywhiz! Sajid Khan is one of the reaosns I was NOT looking forward to the movie. But the promos and songs have got me excited:)!

14. Street Pharmacist said:

lol.. so the only way SrK and Hrithik are more powerful than aamir is if they’re comboed with a certain director.
    anyways .. very much as expected from a certain jayshah.

15. jayshah said:

‘anyways .. very much as expected from a certain jayshah’

The opitomy of dellusionality is when you start to see things that are not there.

1. A guy called JustaFan wrote this piece NOT ME.
    2. Either you are dreaming about me endlessly or you are blind
    3. I did not comment on this thread so I think #2 is the only possibility
    4. LEAVE ME ALONE !

16. JustaFan said:

Street….you can put your own list and have SRK from 1 to 10. I wouldn’t mind it but can you at least blame the person who actually wrote this post. I am insulted.